“Clean with good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Southern Maryland
“Clean with good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our teenage son. The staff was excellent-very friendly, efficient and helpful. Suite was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was better than most. It was quiet. didn't use the pool, exercise room or jacuzzi. They all looked very clean and there were even lift systems to help disabled guests into and out of the pool and jacuzzi. Looks like a lot of care was taken to accomodate disabled guests. The only con was the air conditioning in our room. We kept lowering it but it never seemed to go below a certain level. Still it was working and not really uncomfortable. Bathroom is separate from the vanity area. Helpful in getting ready as someone could be using the shower or toilet and others can still be getting ready. Overall very good hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thins I found to be positive:
VERY Friendly, helpful staff
EXCELLENT complimentary breakfast selections
Clean, roomy suites
Fridge/Microwave in room
Ample parking
Location near mall with beer store and restaurants nearby
Easy access to 81, easy to find
Nice pool, clean area
Nice outdoor patio by pool

I don't think anything here was bad, so I don't want these comments to be meant as negative. Just things to be aware of (we stayed in room 414). I was traveling for business and brought along my husband and children. Had I been traveling alone, most of this wouldn't have mattered, but there are points to keep in mind when traveling with children.
1 - The suite was large and roomy with a nice living area, but there is only one TV on a swivel base that turns from living room to bed area. Most suites we have stayed in have one TV in living area and one in sleeping space which allows my husband and me to watch our selection and the kids to watch their selection in the evening.

2 - The shower/toilet are in a separate room from the sink/mirror/vanity and there are no outlets in the bathroom. When I was getting up in the morning early to get ready for my meetings, I always woke everyone up TOO EARLY with the hairdryer and lights on the vanity. In the past, other suites have had a complete bathroom behind a door.

3 - There is not a light over the area where the the coffee pot/fridge/microwave is located, so I had to turn on the big light (and wake everyone up again) to make coffee in the morning.

4 - The beds were not really comfortable... not bad, but not what I'm used to at Marriott properties. (I was the only one bothered by this, everyone else in my party thought they were fine)

5 - The walls seemed very thin, as I was awakened by our neighbors alarm clock at 5am every day. Something seemed to rattle all night long. Not sure if it was HVAC or the AC unit in the room itself, but it was rattly and kept waking me up (i'm a light sleeper... everyone else slept just fine)

______________________
TIP: If you are in this area and looking for something fun to do related to history, check out Antietam National Battlefield. We took the kids here (2, 11, 13, 16) and spent 4 hours checking the place out and it entertained them that long. We were limited on time due to time of day, and could have spent an entire day here exploring, learning, and hiking. It's a GEM! If you are into photography, bring your camera, there are some GREAT spots for photos! The path from parking to Burnside Bridge has some great stone backdrops and the bridge area itself is just beautiful!

After we finished at the battlefield we went to a great local restaurant - Dan's Restaurant & Tap House. Nice, casual atmosphere, great food and craft beers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pompey, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Located just off RT81. This is a nice clean hotel in a good location. There are a mall and several restaurants nearby. The staff is friendly. The included breakfast is what you would expect (typical to most chain hotels).

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel. The suite was great, the bed comfortable and a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. It was centrally located for the agenda that we had planned. Close to all of the historical places and also Gettysburg. The staff were very polite, helpful and informative. The maids kept the rooms very clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a decent place to stay if you want a functional hotel, clean, and comfortable. There's no luxury here but it's clean, the complimentary breakfast is decent and the beds are quite comfortable! The hotel's location is at the end of a mall. A regular mall with a Sears and a Penny's (and other retailers that don't seem long for the world). So unless you like views of malls and malls themselves the location is the location. I just wanted a clean comfortable place to stay and this filled the bill.
(WARNING - As of my July 2013 stay there was major construction going on maybe 30 yards from the hotel entrance...if that will bother you - may want to inquire if still going on.)

Room Tip: July 2013 - there was construction going on next to the hotel so at least ask for a room on the side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had booked at room with my points (15000) for a free night at this hotel. We were driving from Knoxville TN. We got at the hotel at 1am and I was pretty tired. The front desk clerk was very friendly and checked me in quickly. We got our junk and dragged it up to our SPACIOUS room. The bed was extremely comfy (but then again it was 1am an I was tired after driving for 8 hours in the RAIN!). The bathroom was clean and so was our room.
In the morning we got to breakfast at 7:30 and they were pretty busy. But lots of food and choices. The Oatmeal was very good with 6 different things you could add too it, it was very tasty! I thought in the picture I saw the waffle maker but no such luck. They had plenty to pick from Kashi cereal, Fruit Loops, yogurt, grapes, bananas, eggs, bagels, muffins bread, plus plenty more. Not sure if I'll be back only because it is a place we wouldn't go but I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room not facing the highway, and it was perfect!
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I only write reviews when I'm impressed and now is one of those times. I read the reviews on this hotel before booking & really didn't believe that a hotel at this price would have so many great reviews. Now, that I have stayed here I must agree. The room was very clean,updated,family friendly,GREAT location,& freindly staff. It's located next to the mall, Chuck-E Cheese, & Sears Auto Center(I had car issues which they fixed so glad they were there). The layout of the room was great also. I will be making a reservation for my next trip before I leave!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!