“""Great Hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“""Great Hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel. The suite was great, the bed comfortable and a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. It was centrally located for the agenda that we had planned. Close to all of the historical places and also Gettysburg. The staff were very polite, helpful and informative. The maids kept the rooms very clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a decent place to stay if you want a functional hotel, clean, and comfortable. There's no luxury here but it's clean, the complimentary breakfast is decent and the beds are quite comfortable! The hotel's location is at the end of a mall. A regular mall with a Sears and a Penny's (and other retailers that don't seem long for the world). So unless you like views of malls and malls themselves the location is the location. I just wanted a clean comfortable place to stay and this filled the bill.
(WARNING - As of my July 2013 stay there was major construction going on maybe 30 yards from the hotel entrance...if that will bother you - may want to inquire if still going on.)

Room Tip: July 2013 - there was construction going on next to the hotel so at least ask for a room on the side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had booked at room with my points (15000) for a free night at this hotel. We were driving from Knoxville TN. We got at the hotel at 1am and I was pretty tired. The front desk clerk was very friendly and checked me in quickly. We got our junk and dragged it up to our SPACIOUS room. The bed was extremely comfy (but then again it was 1am an I was tired after driving for 8 hours in the RAIN!). The bathroom was clean and so was our room.
In the morning we got to breakfast at 7:30 and they were pretty busy. But lots of food and choices. The Oatmeal was very good with 6 different things you could add too it, it was very tasty! I thought in the picture I saw the waffle maker but no such luck. They had plenty to pick from Kashi cereal, Fruit Loops, yogurt, grapes, bananas, eggs, bagels, muffins bread, plus plenty more. Not sure if I'll be back only because it is a place we wouldn't go but I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room not facing the highway, and it was perfect!
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I only write reviews when I'm impressed and now is one of those times. I read the reviews on this hotel before booking & really didn't believe that a hotel at this price would have so many great reviews. Now, that I have stayed here I must agree. The room was very clean,updated,family friendly,GREAT location,& freindly staff. It's located next to the mall, Chuck-E Cheese, & Sears Auto Center(I had car issues which they fixed so glad they were there). The layout of the room was great also. I will be making a reservation for my next trip before I leave!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked here after reading other Trip Advisor reviews (thanks, everyone!). It was pricey for us but it looks like that is what the area commands for a good hotel. It was a good location for us on our route south from New York to Alabama. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and comfortable, the hotel was decorated nicely, and we were able to keep the room as cool as we liked. Nothing at all to dislike to complain about. Note - I never bother with hotel breakfasts so can't comment about that.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here one night on departure from Antietam to DC (hotel just a few miles west). The receptionist was courteous, helpful and professional. The property has been smartly designed so that noisy amenities like pool, fitness and laundry are on the LL away from guest rooms. The room was very clean by my picky standards and had a living area that allowed us to enjoy a carry-in dinner and relaxation time away from the sleeping space. Their new breakfast menu debuted the day of our stay and was WONDERFUL--a nice mix of traditional breakfast foods and healthy and fast alternative items--plenty of fruit and whole grains. I wish every hotel were as nice as this one!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
King William, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stopped here en route to Lake George, NY -- convenient location off interstate and close to several restaurants for dinner. Rooms were very clean and spacious -- nice pool and workout facility. Very good breakfast -- all around a good stop!! NOTE: Gas stations not so close by...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!