“Watch out for Room 319” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Watch out for Room 319”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a nice, clean, well run property. The beds are comfortable, the workspace is ample and well-equipped. But avoid room 319. The spotlight for the hotel sign shines directly in the window of this particular room. Look at the accompanying photos I have uploaded to see what I'm talking about.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Punta Gorda, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Like previous reviewers this was a stopover on our way south. We usually stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Winchester, VA but because the weather predicted (Stormy conditions) we felt this was about as far as we could go coming from Boston.

The property, along with other name brand properties, is located along out parcels of a shopping mall. This appears to be an older property in need of some updating.

PROS: What you would expect from a Country Inn & Suites. Clean, comfortable beds, internet service, complimentary breakfast.

CONS: Normally I would have gone to the desk and asked for a room change over this but we were tired and ready for bed. The AC unit was loud. When the compressor kicked in it was loud enough to wake up a sound sleeper. At sometime around 5 a.m. a train came by blasting its horn. (not much they can do about that one).

Would I stay again. Yes but my first choice is Winchester, VA.....Will I make sure I can tolerate the AC noise level, YOU BET!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After driving nearly 10 hours, the last 2 in heavy rain, we found sanctuary at the Country Inn & Suites. The front desk manager, Eugenia Rensch, was fantastic. I called while in-route during the rain storm and with a bad connection she ended up holding the room for me until I arrived. Once there she helped me make an on-line reservation so I could get bonus points and explained how I could use some of my existing points to lower the cost of our room. The room (#301) was clean, comfortable, quiet, and spacious. Everything worked fine and the room was stocked with extra towels and coffee.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We spend a weekend here...just for a weekend getaway and we had a great time. There is not hot tub, but there is a nice pool that the kids enjoyed. We had a room that had a separate bedroom and it was very nice & clean. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cape Fear, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Raquel went above and beyond any representative of CIS that I've ever met. The Hotel is a super sized Country Inn Suites meaning they have more than most hotels. The rooms were extremely nice and comfortable. Thanks again for great Service

• Stayed September 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Two couples from UK on overnight stay. Walk in booking handled efficiently by Eugenia, at a bargain rate. Rooms clean and functional. Quiet, except for an annoying early car alarm! Breakfast was great. Walked to nearby Golden Corral buffet restaurant for evening meal, which was cheap, plentiful and tasty. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

For the past 20 plus years, we’ve gotten together with seven other couples each summer in various locations in throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Ohio and have stayed at many different hotels. I can’t express strongly enough what an absolute pleasure it was for us to have spent this year staying at this hotel. From the moment of check in to departure, we found the facilities to be outstanding and the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Our rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and nicely appointed, including all of the amenities one could possibly want. In addition, the included full-service breakfast was terrific and the lady managing it was on top of everything, keeping it well-stocked and everything clean and tidy. When you have as many people as we have in our group, it’s difficult to please everyone, but I can truly say that we were all thoroughly pleased with every aspect of our stay. In conclusion, I should add that our rooms were very competively priced for the area and that the hotel is easily accessible from both I70 and I80, in the center of a vast array of shopping, restaurants and sites. I wholeheartedly recommend Country Inn and Suites to anyone staying in the Hagerstown area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites/Hagerstown? Share your experiences!