“A good price and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Sarasota, Florida
“A good price and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We were on the road traveling and had driven about 9 hours and we were exhausted. We called and Jean at the front desk was very nice. We drove off the highway and checked in. The room was comfortable and clean. I really can't complain about the price! A good place to hang for the night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Green, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful. Good location. The room looked clean and had nice decor. The bed was fabulous and the shower felt great. So why the bad review??

The thermostat on our AC didn't work, so it was either freeze to death or unplug it - which was also unwelcomed since it was over 95 degrees out during our stay.

Our room was located right across from the elevators, so it was really noisy. You either heard the people or the elevators themselves running all night. The first morning, we headed out to start our adventures and found someone's underwear hanging on our door knob. Thoughtful as that was, we brought plenty so we didn't need to share.

That morning we also found little ants in the bathroom and the counter in the bedroom. The room seemed really clean, so this was a surprise.

During our last night, I awoke to some sort of bug that fell from the heavens and hit me in the face (I even heard a ricochet noise as it bounced off). I jumped up flinging sheets, pillows, arms... Thinking I launched said mystery bug somewhere off into the night a safe distance from myself and the bed, I laid back down. Not yet asleep, I felt something crawling by my elbow and proceeded to beat at the sheets and finally woke my boyfriend who thought I was dreaming...until he started flailing about and swatting at his head too. We finally had to get up, turn on the lights, and shake out the sheets.

Breakfast for either of the two mornings wasn't that great either. The hard boiled eggs were unnaturally rubbery and tasted as much. The mixed fruit had a near-spoiled taste. The sausage and potatoes were good though.

The indoor pool is small and usually filled with kids. But it was nice for a quick cool down.

We didn't bother complaining about the other stuff because we were rarely in our room and the hotel was booked up so we had no other room options anyways. (And it was the weekend of the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg, so everywhere was booked.)

The hotel had so many positives but the negatives were enough that we probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was a good value. Accomodations were lovely and clean. Exercise room was well equipped. Upon check-in on a Friday night the woman at the desk was extremely helpful. The only thing negative I have to say is about the woman working the front desk on Saturday and Sunday morning. She started yelling at the poor woman prepping the breakfast because she was putting out the food too early. (Obviously she was unaware that this had been prearranged due to early sporting events for the majority of the guests.) Yelling at another employee in front of guests is unacceptable. The only flaw at the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for work purposes. Clean, friendly, comfortable stay, fairly decent gym that was better equipped than others. Fairly large room with couch. Good for longer stay. Decent breakfast selection Nothing negative to say.

• Stayed June 2013
Ashtabula OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband says, "that was a nice hotel." The room was very big, clean and comfortable. The bed was super comfortable, which we really appreciated. This hotel is very attractive. The breakfast is very good with meat and eggs and everything else. You can eat outside on the covered porch if you like. We did not use the pool, but saw kids in it having fun. I like the fact that you get name brand shampoo and hand cream. The staff were friendly and efficient. Glad we stopped here on our way home. I recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Valley City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Second time at this hotel. It is convenient to 81 and 70, as well as shopping and restaurants.

The hotel is in excellent condition, the staff is friendly, the entire property is nice and clean. Breakfast hours are until 10am, which is great for late sleepers. Pool is open 6am-midnight which is awesome when you roll in at 10pm, when most hotels pool would be closed. Pool facility is very nice and clean and has an accessible bathroom and a shower poolside to rinse off before heading back to your room.

Breakfast was coffee/tea/juice/milk, toaster with bagels, english muffins, and toast. Mini muffins and pastries, oatmeal, waffle maker, as well as scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Everything was fresh and tasty, and everything was good quality.

Very comfortable bed with nice flatscreen TV in room, fridge and microwave, and a nice clean bathroom with comfortable tub.

I would recommend to anyone looking to stay in Hagerstown and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
On The Road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a great property, and I would stay here again.

I checked in very late, and in turn checked out late - which the front desk asked me if I would like when I checked in so late.. I REALLY appreciated that!

The bathroom was spotless - but had one major flaw... the showerhead was AWFUL! Not joking, I really think that the showerhead is the worst I have ever had at a hotel. I have stayed at 1 star economy properties that offered a better shower experience. I was barely able to wash the shampoo out of my hair - no water pressure, on top of a bad showerhead.. made for a not so great morning.

Aside from the bad shower - the rest of the stay was great. It was just a one night stay, so I was in and out.

There are a ton of businesses around this hotel as it is located in the mall/shopping complex on the northwest side of Hagerstown. It is also just a short distance away from the outlet mall that is located on I-70 in Hagerstown.

I would stay here again! Overall it is a nice property that is well managed. Just PLEASE replace the awful showerheads!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators, the hallways are rather long, and the elevator is located at the...