“Consistently good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Ashland, Oregon
“Consistently good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn at Hagerstown, MD
What we always appreciate about the Country Inn is the friendliness and courteousness of the staff. They sure serve a good breakfast. Another nice feature about this Country Inn that it is next to the mall, so I had a chance to go shopping while my husband was off to doing other things.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HGTN, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites/Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will continue to stay with us in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area. The Be Our Guest Breakfast is something we continually like to improve. Customers like you are the key to our success and the foundation of our business. We thank you for your stay and we can't wait to see you and have the opportunity to serve you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 days while on vacation the second week of April. Our room was wonderful, more than we expected. Breakfast in the morning was great (LOVED the fresh make your own waffles!) Every one was nice and pleasant. Our kids loved the pool as well. No harsh chemical smells there which was nice. We were never hounded by the cleaning lady in the mornings like some hotels so it made our stay relaxing in the morning with no interruptions. We will definitely stay here again if we're in town

Room Tip: The king bed suites have great space and a hide-a-bed in the little couch (surprise!)which helped us...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HGTN, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites/Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Elynstar, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Hagerstown area!
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I will preface my review by saying that yes, I stayed at this hotel at the end of a local bike week so I get that they had a busy week and probably had a full house the day I checked in. HOWEVER - when I pay over $100 a night for a 3-star hotel, I expect it to be clean. No more, but absolutely no less.

Check-in was long, as stated in other reviews. I arrived to an empty front desk with a sign politely asking me to wait 5 mins. 10 mins later, someone showed up and quickly checked me in. Didn't inform me of pool hours, where my room was, etc - I had to ask. While the front desk was empty, the common area of the hotel was full - of yelling, running kids and leering middle aged men and teen-aged boys. My teenage daughter felt very uncomfortable and opted to wait in the car. Throughout or overnight stay, I noticed boys lurking at the end of the hall/beginning of the common area, watching our comings and goings to and from our room. I didn't care for that.

The pool was open late that night due to a full house of guests with children, said the desk clerk. The pool room was very warm (which didn't seem like a good sign on a 100+ degree day in July), but the water a little cooler than the air so it was good. I only stayed in long enough to get wet and cool off, because upon looking at the pool itself, it seemed dirty. The bottom and sides were brown as if dirty and in need of scrubbing. The ladders were very flimsy and didn't seem safe. The entire pool area was tiled with a very pretty but VERY slippery stone - even the lip of the pool. Very unsafe - my 16 year old daughter slipped when walking to the edge and nearly fell, and while we were there a small toddler slipped and banged his head on the floor. There were dirty towels and pools of water everywhere.

The room was fine as far as size and seemed to be ok upon first inspection (a couple of hairs in the shower). Upon inspecting the bed after finding a welt on my leg the next morning, I thought I'd fallen into a bad 20/20 episode - the mattress pad had stains of either urine, menses or sex fluids on it. One of the pillowcases had a lipstick smear and the entire bed and bedding was covered with lint, hair, fuzzy stuff - the whole thing could have used a good washing and vacuuming.

The bathroom was dated and in need of renovating other than the sink. The shower faucet and shower head were deplorable - half the water sprayed out of the faucet when in the shower position. The wallpaper was peeling and gross looking, and the fan and an old panel in the bathroom ceiling were shabby and dilapidated looking. The toilet clogged after one use.

Breakfast was alright, considering it was a waffle from pre-made batter that I cooked myself and decent OJ. I give the coffee a 2.5 on a scale of 5 for hotel coffee - I've had worse. The other 'hot' foods looked primarily microwaved from frozen (eggs, sausage, gravy).

All in all, if I'd paid $40 or 50 for this room, I wouldn't have said anything about it, good or bad, but as a Radisson chain and being that I paid over $100, I was sorely dissatisfied. I tried to speak to the girl at the front desk about it when I checked out but (even though she apologized once or twice) she was like talking to a wall. She offered me the manager's card - so I can go through the whole diatribe again I guess. I didn't leave feelings as if my complaints mattered or were really heard. I would not visit this hotel again or recommend it to anyone outside a biker club going for the weekly events.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were there last weekend. Couldn't even take our children into the pool area and outdoor porch area, because of all the Hungarian men who are employees of the hotel brought in to clean rooms and hotel maintenance and are housed in the hotel. There was a large group of them chain smoking, blaring their music, and jumping in the pool with their clothes on, and then proceeding to get out of the pool and disrobe down to their underware. Even when we kindly asked them to put their clothes back on around our children, they continued to party it up and monopolize the entire pool and porch area with their never ending smoking, drinking and yelling and running around wearing a plastic bag. We went to the front desk to ask for some assistance from a young woman clerk, but she said she was working by herself and could do nothing about it. The next morning when we spoke to the GM, (Eugenia and Ambrish (sp), they said it must have been some other Hungarians, not their employees..., Do you want lyers in your room with your belongings? I don't think so....... .

Room Tip: Look for another hotel....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel was conveniently located for our trip. The room was quite spacious, and the best part was the hot breakfast the following morning. It had to be one of the best free breakfast offered by any hotel that we have stayed at. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through this area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments! Country Inn & Suites has the best Continental Breakfast Programs among its competitors. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Hagerstown area.
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just an overnight stop on our way back from Florida. Looked nice from the outside. The lobby was very clean, but the room had an odor...
We had a problem with the room key. Kelly, the clerk was VERY helpful.

Room Tip: Just stay away from 307.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'm not sure how to put this...The hotel was very nice- breakfast was good, the room was clean and comfortable. There was not a hot tub (disappointing), but the pool was very nice and the temp was good. The walls however, must be made out of cardboard. I'm glad my kids were in the other room on the pull out couch because I didn't have to explain what was happening in the next room...if you catch my drift.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom suite which was adequate for us and our 3 kids.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Amy, first I'd like to sincerely apologize for the guests next door to you during your stay. Unfortunately not all guests are kind and respectful of others around them. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay as far as the location, cleanliness and service. Several years ago we did expand our fitness center which took out our pool area hot tub. On the other hand maybe you'd like to try out one of our Jacuzzi room suites on your next visit to Hagerstown! GO CUSE!

Been to Country Inn & Suites/Hagerstown? Share your experiences!