“Good food...slow delivery” 3 of 5 stars

+1 301-733-8560
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 218 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: For over 50 years, Nick's Airport Inn has been serving quality cuisine from scrumptious seafood to delectable desserts to vintage wines! Our phenomenal growth over the years attests to our reputation for serving the best of everything - choice meats and seafood, farm-fresh vegetables, and homemade breads. Our dishes are all made from scratch using the finest ingredients! Guests return time and again to enjoy a number of superb entrees like Nick's Famous Crab Cakes with jumbo lump crab and housemade tartar or the Sizzlin' Certified Black Angus N.Y. Strip Steak. Enjoy your meal in one of Airport Inn's ten elegantly appointed dining room including an atrium-enclosed piano bar. Our staff can also meet all of your party and catering needs with in-house facilities ready to accommodate parties from 10 people to 100! Call today to ask about our on- or off-site catering options. When you're looking for a superb dining experience for your special occasion or casual Friday night supper, join us at Nick's Airport Inn!
“Good food...slow delivery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We went to The Airport Inn last night for our anniversary. We had a reservation and arrived a few minutes early. It's a large restaurant with a number of different rooms so hard to tell how many people were inside but the parking lot was not all that full. The food was really, really good. I had tilapia a la Francis and it was one of the best tilapia dishes that I think I ever had. My husband had the crab cakes and really enjoyed them as we'll. my only issues were with the chair which was too high for my feet to rest comfortably on the floor and the amount of time it took to get our entree. I am not tall but at 5' 3", I usually don't have a problem with my feet reaching the floor comfortably. Our waiter was pleasant and accommodating. He did come and apologize for the slow service and said that their were two large groups that had come in and it was taking the kitchen awhile to prepare our food. The restaurant had a great many empty seats and I think they should have been able to accommodate all the people who were there without any degradation of service. I would hate to see what service would be like it they were full. The only thing keeping me from rating service as poor, is the fact that the waiter did a really nice job despite the slow service from the kitchen.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bentonville, Arkansas
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The menu selection is excellent, food very good and atmosphere is pleasant. Service is usually good except when they are exceptionally busy. We usually avoid weekends.

Visited June 2014
Spring Run, Pennsylvania
“expecting much better but had a terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Anticipating a wonderful meal based on this restaurant’s general reputation and reviews we read here, and lovers of good seafood, we decided to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary with dinner at Nick’s. We had 2 good lunch experiences there in the past year but had never been there for dinner. The dinner and dining experience was terrible. The major problem was that the main course took over an hour to get to our table, and was way overcooked (lobster savanah with very tough, almost inedible, lobster pieces ) or undercooked (lobster ravioli which contained large pieces of lobster shell – sloppy preparation). When asked why it took so long, her first answer was “I don’t know”, that later changed to “the kitchen is very busy” (we arrived when the restaurant opened at 4:30pm so there weren't many patrons when we got there; people around us who arrived much later were getting served while we sat and waited). But there were other problems: first, In taking the drink order, the waitress led us to believe the only choices were wine or water. Then she had difficulty describing the “lobster savanah” on the menu. She didn’t tell us that the sides she was pushing and we initially chose were priced “a la carte”. We learned that only after hearing another waitress explain the complete sides choices to the next table. So we changed our sides order when we next saw our waitress. She offered a free cheesecake desert but we left as quickly as we could and will not go back. $80 tuition to the school of hard knocks.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
4 Thank dadb321
Paul G, Owner at Nick's Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear dadb321,

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our restaurant on June 16, 2014. Your comments were most troubling but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without your feedback I might never have known of it. I know that I can't change the past, however I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please email me at paul@nicksairportinn.com

Paul Giannaris
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was just how I remember.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It's been 15 years since I've been back having moved out of state. We came back on vacation to find the food quality and service was as good as we remembered it to be.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great dinner. Great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had the crab cakes and they were very tasty, all lump meat and no filler. Others in our party ordered vegetarian pasta, lamp chops, salmon, and waygu ribeye. Each entree came with a salad and a side, were well prepared, and did not disappoint. The coconut cream pie with its giant peak of merengue and sprinkles of toasted coconut was a mountain of dessert goodness. The warm apple tart with carmel sauce and vanilla ice cream was Mmmm Mmmm good. The good food combined with the excellent service made for a great dining experience.

Visited May 2014