“nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bentonville, Arkansas
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The menu selection is excellent, food very good and atmosphere is pleasant. Service is usually good except when they are exceptionally busy. We usually avoid weekends.

Visited June 2014

Spring Run, Pennsylvania
“expecting much better but had a terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Anticipating a wonderful meal based on this restaurant’s general reputation and reviews we read here, and lovers of good seafood, we decided to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary with dinner at Nick’s. We had 2 good lunch experiences there in the past year but had never been there for dinner. The dinner and dining experience was terrible. The major problem was that the main course took over an hour to get to our table, and was way overcooked (lobster savanah with very tough, almost inedible, lobster pieces ) or undercooked (lobster ravioli which contained large pieces of lobster shell – sloppy preparation). When asked why it took so long, her first answer was “I don’t know”, that later changed to “the kitchen is very busy” (we arrived when the restaurant opened at 4:30pm so there weren't many patrons when we got there; people around us who arrived much later were getting served while we sat and waited). But there were other problems: first, In taking the drink order, the waitress led us to believe the only choices were wine or water. Then she had difficulty describing the “lobster savanah” on the menu. She didn’t tell us that the sides she was pushing and we initially chose were priced “a la carte”. We learned that only after hearing another waitress explain the complete sides choices to the next table. So we changed our sides order when we next saw our waitress. She offered a free cheesecake desert but we left as quickly as we could and will not go back. $80 tuition to the school of hard knocks.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Paul G, Owner at Nick's Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear dadb321,

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our restaurant on June 16, 2014. Your comments were most troubling but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without your feedback I might never have known of it. I know that I can't change the past, however I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please email me at paul@nicksairportinn.com

Paul Giannaris
“This was just how I remember.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

It's been 15 years since I've been back having moved out of state. We came back on vacation to find the food quality and service was as good as we remembered it to be.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great dinner. Great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had the crab cakes and they were very tasty, all lump meat and no filler. Others in our party ordered vegetarian pasta, lamp chops, salmon, and waygu ribeye. Each entree came with a salad and a side, were well prepared, and did not disappoint. The coconut cream pie with its giant peak of merengue and sprinkles of toasted coconut was a mountain of dessert goodness. The warm apple tart with carmel sauce and vanilla ice cream was Mmmm Mmmm good. The good food combined with the excellent service made for a great dining experience.

Visited May 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Birthday Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

A friend made reservations for my Birthday a year ago, We got there at the correct time and they could not seat us for cose to an half hour. It was only three of us but they were seating others whom came in after us whom had no reservation. Our thoughts were that it was that two of us were of an non-white desent. The person whom to my wife and I mother (when she was alive) would always go there and when her ex-husband would come to town the whole famly would go there and had no problems

• Visited November 2013