“Happy Tummy!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Happy Tummy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was not expected this cute little place to be as good as it was. There are many of Thai restaurants in the DMV (DC, MD and VA) area and many fall short to me.

I was in Hagerstown visiting and it was suggested we try Thai Zap. It is a small little place yet cute and cozy. The staff was very pleasant and attentive, smiles from the beginning to end.

The food was very appealing looking when it arrived and very spicy as I am used to Thai being and LOVE it to be. Everything from the coconut soup to the entre was PERFECT in every aspect.

A must if you live in the area. Take a nice ride to Hagerstown and enjoy the food and plum wine. You will not be sorry you tried Thai Zap and with the outlet mall being so close you can really make a nice day of it. Food and shopping can't beat it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rockville, Maryland
“Best Sticky Rice & Mango”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were in Hagerstown for a meeting and wanted to take our team out for dinner. I had seen their sign earlier and suggested we go to Thai Zap. Lovely decor, relaxing ambiance, charming staff and really good food! We had a wide variety. Everyone in our group raved! The sticky rice & mango was perfection. So glad we stumbled into Thai Zap! We'll definitely be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Smithsburg, Maryland
“A Gem in Hagerstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My friends and I have eaten at Thai Zap many times and have always been pleased. We were pleased to learn they now serve wine and beer. I enjoyed a chef special shrimp dish that was wonderful. I've ordered carry out after work and that has always been great as well.
I hope we step up and support this local gem.

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Not that good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We ordered Pad Thai noodles (#31) and Nau Ka Ta (#38) as take out. Starting with the Pad Thai noodles, they were edible, but I thought they weren't that flavorful. I have had way better. They just weren't worth the price ($12.50), size or taste. And the Nau Ka Ta; that really blew it for me. For $11.50, this was not even appetizer sized and the taste was not that great, a little foul if you ask me. Also, I was a little worried when I walked in to pick up my food and they had only 4 or 5 customers on a Saturday night. Please save your money. I was hoping to enjoy a takeout meal for 2 for a little under $25, but this was not enjoyable. You would be better off just ordering Chinese food or perhaps trying the other Thai restaurant off of Wesel BLVD (can't speak to that yet, haven't tried it).

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“What a surprise! Best Thai in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Two Thai restaurants have recently opened in Hagerstown. We tried the other one several months ago and were disappointed. We entered Thai Zap not knowing what to expect, but hoping for the best. At first we were worried because the service was a little slow, but our server was very nice. We shouldn't have worried at all. When the food began to arrive, all of our fears were put to rest. The presentation was beautiful and the food tasted every bit as good as it looked. Everything we had was fresh and absolutely delicious. We enjoyed everything from the appetizer sampler platter to the sticky rice and mango. The price and value were really wonderful, too. We can't wait to go back and hope that the restaurant does well.

• Visited December 2013