“Not what I was hoping for” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 198 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
bunker hill, wv
“Not what I was hoping for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Read a review in a local magazine about this pub and made a special stop for my wife and I to try it. The magazine review had high praise for the food.
The place is very small but there were not many people there and it was a Sunday afternoon so seating was not an issue. They have seating outside with several small tables. It took awhile for someone to come over to our table and bring a menu and take our drink orders and then a few minutes more for another person to take our order. The place looked very clean and well kept.
We are not beer drinkers so we stopped just for the food. My wife did have an Orange Crush mixed drink and said it was very good. I had a sip and it was very tasteful. I had read about the ribs and ordered those with fries. My wife had an appetizer dish, baked pretzels with cheeses and crab meat. Our orders came out rather quickly. The ribs came out on top of my fries on one plate. Made it VERY difficult to eat because the ribs were hot and could not be held and they were rather difficult to cut through...a bit tough...definitely not fall off the bone. They were a dry rub rib and sauce came on the side and it was very good and the fries were seasoned and good. My dish and soda was about $13. My wife said the cheese over the pretzels was nacho cheese and one of the baked pretzels had a cold spot inside but other than that her dish was ok. Total for her dish with a water and two Orange Crushes was about $18. Overall an average meal and after reading a great review from a magazine that was printed in May I was disappointed. Probably will not return. May have just went on a bad day.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Beer and Wings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped by on a recent trip through Maryland. Had a very good IPA and exceptionally good wings, great local place!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Not what I expected for a "Brewery"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Most of the breweries I've visited have a unique, memorable atmosphere. This was more of a bar than a brew pub... it's in a strip mall. We were disappointed and left without trying the food or the beer.

Visited April 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“"Home Town" Brew Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

New to the area - tried Benny's for lunch. I was the stranger as it seemed everyone knew each other. Sam was not the bartender. My lunch and service were excellent. had the Hot Roast Beef sandwich - would have it again. The person next to me had salad with grilled chicken and enjoyed it as well.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Indiana
“Great brews and burgers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a fantastic place! Antieatam Beer is brewed in house, and it is delicious, as are the burgers made with fresh, local beef. I recommend the Boysenberry Ale and the Golden Ale. The Bourbon Burger was superb as well.

Visited January 2014