“Good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 228 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boonsboro, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had heard mixed reviews of 28 South. After trying, I was impressed. Our server Brittany was really friendly and knowledgeable. We were very impressed with the pizza and panini. The chef even approached our table to check on how we were which was a nice finishing touch. The atmosphere is also very pleasant. Definitely worth it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ralph F

Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't impressed by their food. It was good but not great. The atmosphere was boring though . nice beer selection. Spacious. Has an upper level that looks cool

• Visited November 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last minute decision to drive down and have lunch. Antietam Panini was very good and hubby had a pizza. Love the pizzas here, hand crafted and delicious. I forget the name of his, but the Andouille sausage on it was great. Beer selection was good and the waiter had no problem letting us look over the list--he came back in a few minutes, as soon as he saw we had decided. Love the booths...very private with tall backs so you almost feel alone! Didn't realize they had an upstairs private party space. We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
“Good people.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I go to 28 South semi regularly. The bartender Dustin is phenomenal, and very helpful and fast paced.

Beer selection is good but can be slightly overwhelming, I will usually get a domestic while I decide on my craft.

Food can be very good and sometimes just mediocre. It depends on the day.

Overall, a good place with a great front of house staff. Owner is very involved and is usually seen each time I am there. Always quick to rectify any issues.

• Visited August 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great service, good times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have eaten at 28 South several times and continue to be impressed. The service is always great, the beer list is phenomenal and the food is always good. There are a few recipes that could use just a little tweaking, but we have never been disappointed. The casual food goes well with the casual dinner crowd we usually find. The owner seems to really care about the success of the restaurant and usually greets each table at some point in time. The ginger martini has quickly become my new favorite adult beverage. Even our normally picky sixteen year old enjoyed her dinner, which is always a plus in my book.

• Visited August 2013