“Good venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 194 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Ramada Plaza Hotel at the same address. 301-733-4800
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Good venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am visiting family. This restaurant is in the Ramada but is locally run. The crab soup was very good. The salad bar was better than most chains. I rate it very good. My prime rib was tasty but slightly beyond medium rare (still close enough not to send back). The crab cakes were not there usual according to my family members. They tell me they rival those farther east. It is a family run establishment and I will come again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hagerstown, Maryland
“the Sunday buffet is always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We take friends her for Sunday buffet, after church. We always check with the chef, as to what might be gluten free

Visited March 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Best prime rib....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Hands down, the best blackened prime rib in Hagerstown. We always sit in the lounge for a comfortable evening. The staff is efficient, friendly and professional. Never had a bad meal. Besides dining with my wife or friends, I have business dinners there as well. Every sales person that has accompanied me, (living on the road, they eat out often), gives the place high praises. Visit soon!

Visited February 2014
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
“Okay from a weary traveler's perspective, after all it's in a Ramada Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Tried to find the best we could on a long trip, stopping at a nearby roadside Homewood Suites, not sure we found it. The ambiance is roadside hotel chain: faux victorian gas lights, a large swag of plastic flowers on a high wall, the hostess station cluttered. We did get out cutlery wrapped in a cloth napkin, though.
There was a hostess when we arrived, she disappeared. After several minutes some one appeared and we were seated at a booth. There was a triptych photograph of spring gardens framed on the wall; I thought it interesting, my spouse not.
The waitress was slightly disheveled but brought us our chicken marsala and port wine pork dishes promptly enough. Both had the same brown sauce. My green beans were fine. There was no dijon vinagrette, just balsamic, for the iceberg lettuce salad. The wine list was limited, but cheap. The Redwood Creek pinot noir bottle was sweet and uncomplicated - turns out it's one of many Gallo products.
Total came to $59.88; we got twice as good value for $12 more near Charlotte.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

One of the nicest restaurants in Hagerstown. Good food for a reasonable price. Everything is fresh with a Maryland kick. However, does need to update the decor.