“Fireside Restaurant & Lounge” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 200 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Ramada Plaza Hotel at the same address. 301-733-4800
BRIDGEWATER
“Fireside Restaurant & Lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant and lounge in the Ramada Plaza was very nice and friendly. We enjoyed chatting with the bartender in the lounge which has very warm atmosphere and is quite cozy. Our dinner in the restaurant was also very nice ( I had crab cakes which were quite good, not eastern shore Maryland quality, but quite good and my wife had broiled haddock, also very good). Our server was very pleasant and we met the chef.

Tom C., Bridgewater, NJ

Visited December 2013

Brewerton, NY
“Great lasagna”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Our waitress was very nice. She made sure we were taken care of. The crabmeat lasagna was great!

Visited November 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Not as good as in 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate at the Fireside when we stayed at the Ramada in the spring of 2012 and enjoyed it very much. This visit was a disappointment. The positives are the atmosphere and the service. I was not very hungry so I ordered off the "lighter fare" menu. This was a Sunday night and it was very quiet so perhaps they have a different chef then. My broiled haddock came with a "starch" and I would have liked mashed potatoes but upon asking I was told they were instant so I chose wild rice (really rice pilaf). The vegetable was asparagus and soup or salad could also be chosen. Everything was very bland. Serving instant potatoes at a restaurant in this price range is offensive to me so I would not choose to eat here again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, MD
“Good Food and Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ate here with friends last month and had an enjoyable evening. Very good salad bar, including fixings for a top-notch Cesar Salad. Steaks for excellent. And they have a great buffet on Sunday.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great meal, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend in Hagerstown at the Ramada. We truly we're not expecting much as far as restaurants (thought we would be eating at chain restaurants all weekend), but much to our surprise and delight, the restaurant (Fireside Restaurant) at the hotel was fantastic! Chef Bobbie was so informative on his specials, which we loved! He gave us a description of the food and how he prepared it. How wonderful to have a chef that is willing to come out of the kitchen! The scallop specials were cooked to perfection. Thanks so much for making our fantastic weekend even more wonderful!! We will be back!

• Visited September 2013