“Great meal, great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 200 restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Ramada Plaza Hotel at the same address. 301-733-4800
“Great meal, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend in Hagerstown at the Ramada. We truly we're not expecting much as far as restaurants (thought we would be eating at chain restaurants all weekend), but much to our surprise and delight, the restaurant (Fireside Restaurant) at the hotel was fantastic! Chef Bobbie was so informative on his specials, which we loved! He gave us a description of the food and how he prepared it. How wonderful to have a chef that is willing to come out of the kitchen! The scallop specials were cooked to perfection. Thanks so much for making our fantastic weekend even more wonderful!! We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Atlanta
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

You know a meal is good when you eat in three nights in a row. I suggest the sweat potato fries and swiss cheeseburger. The chef makes it a point to go out and meet with customers. Fireside is connected with the Ramada, so you'd think that the majority of customers would be from the hotel, but that wasn't the case. I saw a ton of locals coming and going which shows how good the food is..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good Food But BIG Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

When staying at the Ramada I eat either in the restaurant or lounge. I stayed there last week and again this week eating both times in the restaurant. First night I had the sliced prime rib sandwich off the bar menu - the sandwich was wonderful with great flavor and meat very tender. The price was high at $14.99 for the meal. One glass of scotch (small) and the sandwich was over $22. The night I stayed this week I had the pasta with white clam sauce. The pasta was wonderful but could have been a little more, salad bar "ok" and again pricey.

The service was awesome. My waiter, Eric, couldn't have been any nicer and took great care serving me and the other customers. I enjoyed his service both nights and on previous stays. If you do go and eat here, the food is good although pricey and Eric's service in the restaurant is outstanding and Bill in the lounge friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
“POOR STEAK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have always liked Fireside in the past. We were there on Friday evening and my husband got Prime Rib. It was good. I got steak and cake. The crab cake was good, but the steak must have been horse meat. It was worst than terrible. I asked for med. and when it came the blood was running across the plate. I sent it back and when it came again just as bad and tough!!!!. You could barely cut it. Please do not order the STEAK. If you want steak go to Texas Road House. Our waitress was not overly friendly and never offered to refill our water glasses.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Tastes Good, But Small Portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our meal here tasted just fine, but we decided to go out somewhere else to finish eating. We spent quite a bit for a small portioned meal.

Our waitress never showed up to do anything. The hostess took our orders, delivered our food, checked on us and took our money when it was time to go. As we were walking out the door, the woman we believe was supposed to be our waitress, asked us "was everything alright?" Really?

Visited August 2013