“Food was excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, African
Maryland
“Food was excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Even though we live in town it had been some time since we visited Georgia boy and since we had family from the south visiting we decided to check it out. We were not disappointed and our southern family members were impressed also. Everything is made to order so it takes a little longer than normal. There are even specials that are not on the menu that he makes every night. Since all seven of us got something different it's hard to recommend one thing as it all was delicious. I highly recommend the homemade cheesecake that was about three inches thick and the hot peach cobbler with bourbon ice cream, those two combos are amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go, nice relaxed atmosphere with very friendly employees.

Rovigo, Italy
“South's soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I and my husband tried this restaurant for the first time two weeks ago. Inside the place looks completely renovated: the style is pretty modern whit cosy and warm details. The owner is very nice, ready to explain the dishes and their traditions. The food is great! I tried the Green fried tomatoes and the fried catfish: amazing! The tomatoes have served in a multi-floors composition with fresh mozzarella and fresh leaves basil, plus a reduction of balsamic vinegar...yummy! The catfish was a really generous portion, rich of tender meat with a crunchy crust. I founded a really beautiful place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lindon, Utah
“Great find from watching Food Network”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

OK - so I watched an episode of "Restaurant Impossible" and they overhauled this restaurant called Georgia Boy Cafe. It was in Hagerstown, MD and I was planning a business trip to that area, so I put it on my calendar to check it out.

I am glad that I did. Theresa met us at the door, sat us at a table and provided outstanding service through the entire meal. We started with gator bites, fried pickles and cheesy waffle fries. Then for entres we tried the Chicken and Waffles and Pork Ribs and sampled collard greens, mac & cheese and baked beans. For dessert we tried the chocolate and peanut butter cake and the bacon brownie.

The price was great three of ate for under $100 and we had appetizers, entres and dessert.

Everything was well prepared and tasted very good. If you're within a 50 mile radius of Hagerstown, it's worth the drive in my opinion. Thanks for a great meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Fried Chicken I've Had In Awhile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I went to Georgia Boy's a couple days ago and the food was awesome! We ordered the Hot Crab Dip and it was great..the cheese on top could have been melted a little more but it had great taste. I got the three piece fried chicken meal with mac & cheese and greens. It was all good. The chicken was super moist...even the chicken breast. It was oozing with tasty juices. The mac&cheese was decent except the top cheese kinda held together some of it so I had to separate it. The greens were good...couldn't tell if it was homemade or canned. My wife got the chicken and waffles and she absolutely loved it! I wanna go back and try the other menu options. The only downside is they don't have their liquor license right now and half the lights were going off for some reason. Also, not hating or anything and I understand why but, one of the waitresses had her young son there and he was acting somewhat rowdy and was kind of loud. I would prefer not to hear all that but it doesn't mar my view of The Georgia Boy Cafe. The prices were good and interior def looks awesome!

“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Although the dining room was empty on a Saturday at 1 pm, the service was exceptional and the food outstanding! The fried chicken was so tasty and moist! I usually like dark meat because of white meat always being so dry, but this was not at all! I cleaned my plate! 3 piece chicken meal and 2 sides for $11 was a great price for me! I plan to return again in the near future and may even go for an appetizer and dessert meal next time :)