“CHOKING from the cigarette smoke!” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Hagerstown
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Hagerstown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Hagerstown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11321 Massey Boulevard, I-81 at Exit #5/Halfway Boulevard, Hagerstown, MD 21740   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
“CHOKING from the cigarette smoke!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Most smoke odor filled room ever imagined. It was a "nonsmoking" room.

Horrible smell!!

Cleanliness was acceptable.

appears there are "long term" guests, as there was a cat in one window.

We will not chose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
edenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here on a spur-of-the-moment decision; it was dark and raining on the interstate and we decided we'd had enough driving for the night. Google directed us to an area where several hotels were located, and this Motel 6 was the first one we saw. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, despite no reservation- she even directed us to restaurants that were still open. The motel itself is probably quite old- the style is in the old single-story, park-in-front-of-your-door type buildings, so unloading baggage and dog was quick and easy. But the room itself was clean- we had the parquet floor (no carpets to complain about), fresh linens and towels, and the a/c worked at just the right volume for sleeping. Admittedly, we did hear the early risers leaving the next morning out in the parking lot, but such is life when you stay 10 feet from your car. All in all a good experience & wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Landshut, Bayern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed one night there, when returning from Toledo, OH, to Washington D.C. international airport for returning to Europe. Very standard road side motel, with clean rooms, clean and fresh linen, and a properly working air conditioning system.
You may spend more money in other areas.

Room Tip: Stay away from the reception side in building 1. This might get noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Olean, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from South Carolina. We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the last 13 years and this was the worst. The carpet was stained, the beds were like bricks and stained as well. It smelled horrible. Car alarms were going off in the middle of the night and we could hear other guests arguing and doors slamming all night. Our door would not shut and instead of moving us to another room we were told how to hit the handle just right to get it to close. The staff was nice enough but they had people there doing work and we could not tell if the workers from loiterers. The mall is nice and it is close but the other hotels are within walking distance. We stayed on a Friday night and payed $58.00 plus tax which was $50.00 too much. Nice area but we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed overnight while traveling from TN to CT. Nothing fancy, but a nice, clean, comfortable room for the night. Check-in was smooth and easy and the lady working the front desk was very nice. I was quite fortunate that no one was in either of the rooms beside me that night...VERY nice sleeping!

I left my personal pillow by mistake in the room when I checked out; didn't realize I had left it behind it until I arrived at my CT destination. Almost a week later, when I was driving back through Hagerstown on my way home, I stopped by to see if they still had it. Not only was the pillow still there, but they washed the pillow case!

The next time I am through Hagerstown and need a place to stay, I will DEFINITELY look this Motel 6 up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Motel 6. The motel was just updated a few years ago, and the bedspreads are only a few years old. The place provides no-frills, but a safe, clean place to stay if you're in the area. Yes, you can spend more for more amenities like indoor pool, spa, breakfast buffet.... I personally find those things to be a waste of money. This Motel 6 has Ice, vending, coffee and pastries in the morning, parking in front of your room, allows dogs to stay for free and has a large grassy area for dogs to relieve themselves. The parking lot is well-lighted and as many times as I have stayed here (4, two of those times for a week each) I have never felt unsafe nor been disappointed in the service or price I payed for staying here. The area is quite safe, right across the street from a popular mall (Valley Mall) and next door to a Dollar store. Across the highway there are many, many places to eat and shop as well, and a great grocery store. I love this motel. If you want a fancy bed or more amenities, this place is NOT for you. But if you just want a bed, shower, coffee, a pool in season, quiet and convenience, this IS your place.

Room Tip: This place is across from a mall, and very near outlet mall, shopping, and lots of restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
morganville NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

liked that it was one story outside corridors, tall fence separating from adjacent shopping center. Usual cups and soap only inside. Adequate, typical, for that I give 3 stars because nothing luxurious even if no problems.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Motel 6 Hagerstown? Share your experiences!