“Economy, convenience, cleanliness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Hagerstown

You added Motel 6 Hagerstown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Hagerstown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11321 Massey Boulevard, I-81 at Exit #5/Halfway Boulevard, Hagerstown, MD 21740   |
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
New York City, New York
“Economy, convenience, cleanliness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Motel 6. The motel was just updated a few years ago, and the bedspreads are only a few years old. The place provides no-frills, but a safe, clean place to stay if you're in the area. Yes, you can spend more for more amenities like indoor pool, spa, breakfast buffet.... I personally find those things to be a waste of money. This Motel 6 has Ice, vending, coffee and pastries in the morning, parking in front of your room, allows dogs to stay for free and has a large grassy area for dogs to relieve themselves. The parking lot is well-lighted and as many times as I have stayed here (4, two of those times for a week each) I have never felt unsafe nor been disappointed in the service or price I payed for staying here. The area is quite safe, right across the street from a popular mall (Valley Mall) and next door to a Dollar store. Across the highway there are many, many places to eat and shop as well, and a great grocery store. I love this motel. If you want a fancy bed or more amenities, this place is NOT for you. But if you just want a bed, shower, coffee, a pool in season, quiet and convenience, this IS your place.

Room Tip: This place is across from a mall, and very near outlet mall, shopping, and lots of restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
morganville NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

liked that it was one story outside corridors, tall fence separating from adjacent shopping center. Usual cups and soap only inside. Adequate, typical, for that I give 3 stars because nothing luxurious even if no problems.

• Stayed May 2012
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed here one night (3/4/12) and found it just okay. The price was great (around $50) and we were traveling with 3 small dogs and weren't charged any extra for pets. That in itself was wonderful! The checkin was easy and fast. The room, beds and bathroom were all extremely clean but had this weird smell so we turned on the a/c unit and it seemed to help. The only issue we had was that people kept taking all the ice out of the machine for their coolers, leaving none for anyone else and the front desk kept allowing this to happen. This is definitly a no-frills place but if you're looking for a good, clean bed in a clean room at a decent price (and pet friendly to boot!)- this is the place.

Room Tip: try to stay in the main bldg so you are closer to the office and vending area. Otherwise, you are t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Well it actually has a bathroom and a sink as well, but for it's very inexpensive price it's a fine place to stay for the night. The room was kind of smelly (like stale smoke, although it non-smoking). And they allow pets which is nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Fort Erie, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

When I opened the door to my room I smelled a strong musty odor combined with cheap air freshener which was sickening. I left the outside door open a little until I went to bed to get some fresh air flowing. You do not get any extras in your room except soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. No iron or ironing board, coffee maker, or fridge, not even an alarm clock. They do offer free coffee in the morning at the front office, but don't sleep in too late. The office also has a coin-operated washer and dryer and a microwave. My one-bed room had a bed, small table and chair, TV, closet and bathroom. The room was clean, but the odor I mentioned above was powerful. I think I had room 223, so if you get that room, leave your bags in your car until you smell your room. You might want to ask for another one.
I booked my room Cheap Tickets which gave this hotel a two-star rating, but it's definitely a one. If all you want is a really cheap room, this could be for you, but I certainly would shop around before I book here again. Though it was cheap, I wouldn't call it a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is one of the better Motel 6's that I have stayed at. Friendly competent staff, very clean, good parking, all one level, new bathtub/shower, very comfortable bed! In fact so comfortable that I overslept but no problem since checkout time is noon. There is a shopping mall right across the street and the motel location was easy to find. I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone on a budget. I've noticed that some folks don't realize Motel 6 does not furnish much in the way of extra frills (hairdryer, clock radio, shampoo) but the savings are worth it to me. Also they welcome dogs, which is one of the reasons I like Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
East Freetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Like I wrote in another review, I stayed in a non-smoking room but it smelled like cigs! This place made me feel a lot safer than in Jersey. The room was very clean, there were pamphlets about area attractions, just a lot more of a hotel setting than some seedy joint. The bathroom was very clean and spacious and you can't beat the cost, it was only $49! I just stopped in on my way home from a long road trip for a nap but I'd do it again if I had to.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Hagerstown? Share your experiences!