“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winona Lake
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Super8 Hagerstown/Halfway motel in Hagerstown Maryland is my hotel of choice!! I have stayed there several times a year for the past 5 or 6 years. The staff is FRIENDLY and accommodating, and the place is impeccably CLEAN!!! The manager, Phyllis, keeps a tight rein on things, making guests feel as though they are visiting in her own home. Conveniently located just off two major interstate highways, and with more-than-enough shopping and eating established just a stones throw down the road, it is in a prime LOCATION. Most of my travels are solo, and I always feel SAFE at this hotel....AND, here I don't pay for fancy "extras" that I won't use anyway, so the PRICE IS RIGHT. There is another Super8 located closer to the person I come to visit, but when I come to the Halfway site, it feels like coming "home."
Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to serving you and your family the next time that you are in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hagerstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed 5 nights. The staff were all very courteous. They made decaf coffee just special for my husband in the morning.The room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thand you for taking the time to get us feedback. It was a plesure to make the decaf for your husband every morning. Looking forward to seeing all of you next year.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed their twice in a 10 day period, going and coming to the Carolinas on Route #81. We thought it was perfect for our needs.
First of all, we travel with a small dog. Some of the hotels we've had to settle for have been kind of tacky. Not this spot! Sparkling clean, so nice! Everyone who works there is so nice, friendly and helpful! They have a nice little continental breakfast, and a cute spot to sit. The motel is up on a hill, away from all traffic noise. It is near a shopping mall with some restaurants, It is located easy on and off to Interstate I-81. And the Senior Citizen rate was very reasonable. They even made sure we were near the back door for walking the dog! We travel that way at least once a year, this Super 8 will always be on our list!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thanks for letting us know about your stay.hope to see you againa.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for one at the end of June. The room itself was standard, but felt a little humid and musty. Although we had a non-smoking room you smell stale smoke in the air. The front desk clerk was friendly and checked us in quickly. I didn't realize that the hotel was literally next to a large lot of semi-trucks. We were definitely not on the beaten path, but found a place to eat about 10 minutes away. The only real complaint I can make is that the cable and Wi-Fi went out in the early evening. When I called the front desk the girl told me she wasn't sure what was going on but she was going to find out. An hour later I had to call back for an update and was told that the cable company was aware of the problem but she didn't know how long it would be. I suppose it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I didn't have a now bored 11yr old with me and no place to walk around outside without getting into the car and driving at 9-10p at night.
This is not really a place for families (not for any bad reason) and would recommend staying somewhere closer to the mall and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apprreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again in the futire for your lodging needs.

Been to Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area? Share your experiences!