“Good place for an overnight stop traveling with pets” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good place for an overnight stop traveling with pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I often travel with my two Scottish Terriers and have stopped several times at the Super 8 in Hagerstown, Maryland. For an overnight with my pets, I find that Super 8's are the best value. They don't gouge you with fees that, if spread over a week's or longer stay, might be okay, but for an overnight, these nonrefundable fees, often $100 or more, aren't where I chose to spend my money. Super 8's are franchised, so pet policies pertaining to fees can vary from one location to another, and among the several locations where I have stayed, I have either not paid fee, paid a minimal fee or had a deposit held against damages and refunded when I checked out. I think this hotel was one where a deposit was refunded as I left, but whatever the policy may be, it's reasonable. For different locations, I have been able to find out what fees I can expect by calling the Super 8 reservation number and that information is generally accurate.

I have never had an issue at any of the Super 8s I've stayed in that would lead me to not return, but the Hagerstown/Halfway Area location is one of the best. It's clean, well maintained, and the staff has been warm and gracious. The truck stop in front of the hotel has been cited as a negative by some reviewers, but for me, a woman traveling alone with her dogs, I like it. The truck stop is down a deep incline from the hotel, so the noise and lights are not bothersome from the rooms. When walking my dogs late at night, I find the lights and activity comforting and much better than being alone in a dark and empty parking lot. I've never had an issue with pet odors, fleas or pet hair during any of the (at least) five times I've stayed here. If you have a dog, you know that they sniff these odors out, and this has not happened in this hotel. The Hagerstown/Halfway Area Super 8 has become my regular stop on my way to visit my daughter in NYC and I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you think you might have an issue with the activity at the truck stop, ask for a room at the back...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
CENTERVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have stayed at this Super 8 two consecutive years on our trip south to Florida. Each time, the facility staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and we appreciate the opportunity to have our golden retriever stay in the room with us for an additional nominal fee.continental breakfast was also a positive during our stay.we. Will continue to stay at this facility if we are in the Hagerstown area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family