“If you just need to sleep in a comfortable clean bed...it's ok” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
“If you just need to sleep in a comfortable clean bed...it's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time at a Microtel. The price was really good and for one night I thought I'd try it. The first room was tiny and the ac/heat controls were broken. After 30 minutes of arguing the clerk gave us another room that I believe was a suite. It was larger. The bed was comfortable and clean. The room itself was clean but the table was propped in a corner and was wobbly. If you touched it it would have fallen over. If you just need a comfortable bed it is a clean motel with comfortable beds. If you can get a great price it is worth a night or two stay. The single room is extremely small so if you are use to space get a double or suite. Make sure the ac/heat controls work and the furniture isn't broken. But the bed was great!

• Stayed July 2013
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I wish that you would have had a better stay with us. We will check out the table. Although it may not have been perfectly even, it is quite an exaggeration to say it would fall over -- surely that's not true. Our smaller one-queen bed rooms are on the small side, so you're quite right in suggesting the larger two-queen rooms for people who like to spread out. I will look at the A/C controls as well. Thanks and have a nice day.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Moultonborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Small comfortable room. Very noisy (interstate traffic all nite) from the highway side room. Next time would request opposite side.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to review your stay with us. The small single-queen rooms are on the highway side, so please request a larger two-queen room for your next stay as many are on the back side which provides a natural country setting. We hope to see you again. Have a great day!
Limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked my reservations at the Wyndham website for two rooms for two separate nights as a stopover location, traveling to and from a family reunion. Booked with AARP discount on website. When we got to the hotel it was late and the clerk began commenting that we were lucky they didn't give away our rooms, which I found to be unnecessary and kind of insulting, but I let it go because I was tired and just assumed him to be ignorant. The real strangeness was on the return trip when this time the clerk asked me for my work ID. I told him that I was retired and therefore don't work. He then stated that I had to pay an extra amount for each room because my discount was based upon an employer rate and they only offer room to people who are employed by major corporations. I told him that I booked the rooms on Wyndham website and was given the discount at the time of my booking. The clerk stated they are not associated with Wyndham and the are independently owned and they have their own rules. I advised him to check his records to see we stayed there two days prior and were charged the rate I was quoted at the tome of booking with Wyndham, and the clerk said that didn't matter, that they would have to charge me the higher rate. Needless to say we didn't stay at this location overnight on our return trip. The hotel seems to be run completely by persons of Indian or Arabian heritage that are very unfriendly. We also noticed the continental breakfast was very skimpy an the staff took their time replenishing items that ran out. This place is the "pits".

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
This review was written by a guest who brought 13 people into our hotel. Unfortunately we did not find this out on his first stay, however we saw him sneak a group of people in through our side door just after checking in. The reservation was booked with a special service discount. We have the right to ask for proof of any discount including AAA, AARP and corporate discounts. Regarding the breakfast, the guests who were allowed to stay in his rooms came down about five minutes before breakfast was closed and started piling up their plates with food. So please remember that these reviews always have two sides and you're not likely to get the truth from a customer who tried to sneak a large group in through the side door. No need for the racism, either.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wifi signal on the 3rd floor is incredibly weak. I could only occasionally get a random signal.

The location is right off the interstate, so if you're in a room on the front side of the building, you probably won't need to set an alarm to wake you up. The road noise in the morning is loud enough.

The beds linens appeared to be clean, while a couple of the bath towels had attractive brown stains.

The breakfast was a typical continental-style found in most hotels. However, there were no kid-friendly cereals, and the apple and orange juice tasted more like apple or orange-flavored water. The waffle maker didn't quite cook the waffles fully, so you're left with a slightly undercooked waffle.

Overall, it's a decent value, but a little below average when compared with other Microtel Inns.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your stay. It's highly unusual that you had a weak wi-fi signal -- we hardly ever have anyone mention anything of the sort and it's possible that your computer was connecting to a distant hotspot or something. We would have gladly reset our router for you. I'm sorry that you experienced problems with our breakfast as well. There's a timer on the waffle machine that runs for about two and a half minutes to fully cook the waffles. I did want you to know that we are changing brands of apple juice as a result of input from you and several other guests. We desire to make sure you have a good experience with us and I'm sorry this one wasn't the best for you. Thanks again and have a nice day.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown? Share your experiences!