“Excellent stay, even better price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Excellent stay, even better price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I needed a place to stay on trip for a whole week and budget was a big concern so I tried the Microtel. It turned out to be a home away from home. While small as the name suggests it was very clean, cozy, and comfortable. A great value!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thanks for your review of our hotel! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you the next time!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I drove from CT till we decided to stop, and there was this Microtel Inn. So why not, let's give it a try;having never stayed in one, it was a very pleasant surprise. It was completely refurbished. 2 double beds with a sharp European style design of the room. Full wall mirror behind the bed gave it a larger room feeling. Microwave and fridge were a nice feature. Window seat was unique, a good extra place to read, or just place your bags. Firm beds gave us a great nite sleep. Continental breakfast of coffee, juice, waffles and bagels-we were all set to go.
So you want me to say something negative - ok, so the tv wasn't a flat screen, no big deal,as we watched for 1hr. then slept and there was no in the room coffee pot, eh, no big deal.
Good place to stop to get a good nite's sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you all enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel so accomodating. I wanted to let you know that new flat-screen TVs are actually in our future plans and not too far off. We hope that you stay with us the next time you are passing through Hagerstown. Thanks again for your review and have a great day!
Clifton Forge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed for a night on the way back home from Hershey. The room was big and very clean. The only thing I wish they'd add is a list in the rooms of restaurants that deliver.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. One thing I wanted to mention was that we have several restaurant menus for delivery available at the front desk and we would be more than happy to recommend any of them to you. We hope to see you the next time you are passing through the area. Have a great day!
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stay here annually for the Hagerstown Speedway events, and have always found the rooms to be clean and well-maintained. Lobby is small, and hot except during the breakfast hours, when they crank up the air. Rooms are fairly small ( MICROtel - get it!) but comfortable, air conditioning is very effective, and beds are quite good. This is a no frills motel, so no pool, game room, etc. Breakfast is standard OK fare. But in terms of value for the buck, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Single bed rooms face the parking lot/highway, so if you're a light sleeper, pay the few bucks m...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thanks for your review of our hotel. We try to provide excellent service and clean, comfortable rooms and it was our delight to have you stay at our hotel. Please stay with us again the next time that you are in the area. Have a wonderful day!
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the Microtel Inn in Hagerstown, MD between days at Gettysburg and Antietam battlefields. This was a rare occasion when I did not plan ahead and ended up calling a few local hotels in the parking lot of the Microtel (the first hotel we came to). We stuck with the Microtel because the rate was cheaper and we were only in the hotel for 9 hours.

The room was clean and the staff was polite. There was a mini fridge in the room and the wireless network provided quick service. On the down side, there was no shampoo in the room and the breakfast (continental) was rather bland.

Overall, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through the area. For future reference, we have shampoo and other amenities available at the front desk. One characteristic of the Microtel Inn & Suites brand is to keep rates lower by offering extra amenities by request instead of loading the rooms with non-essentials that many people don't want to pay for. Thanks again for your review and have a great day!
BRICK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have stayed at the Microtel before at other locations, and figured - sure, they have a comfy bed, I'll book reservations here while we were staying in Hagerstown, MD visiting family.. WORST experience ever!! The air conditioning in the room didn't work, they came up to the room, assured me it was, when all it was doing was blowing a slight fan, they would not exchange my room. Finally at 2:30am while dripping with sweat because I couldn't sleep in the heat of the room, I demanded a room change, which they did, but gave me a different room than what I paid for. I booked a suite, they were putting me in a downgraded room instead of trying to accomodate us for our inconvenience that night. They were BEYOND snotty and refused to accomodate us, so I told them in the morning I would be leaving and going to another hotel room. Upon checkout, they billed me for two nights stay, instead of the one, and again with a very snotty attitude, I was told that I would get my money refunded in maybe two days. I will NEVER EVER EVER again stay at a Microtel, from now on, I would rather stay in a sleeze hotel like Motel 6, than to be treated that way ever again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
I would first like to apologize for the way your complaint was handled. It could have been handled in a more professional manner, especially in the middle of the night. Our first thought was to offer you another smoking room, even though it was only a 2-queen room. While we did offer you another suite, we should have made that accomodation more quickly, and we realize that you were inconvenienced. Secondly, I would like to explain the confusion regarding your bill. We were never going to charge you for the second night after the problem occurred. The misunderstanding was a result of trying to explain that charges and authorizations to debit cards, or even sometimes credit cards, are not immediate and often take a day or two to process. Please accept our apologies for the A/C problem and for the misunderstanding.
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Clean room, less-than-average breakfast, convenient location, no traffic noise. Not the best customer service, but no serious complaints like other reviewers.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown? Share your experiences!