“Nice overnight stop!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice overnight stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in Nov. 2012 & forgot to write a review. Overall, this isn't a bad hotel for a Sleep Inn. It has been recently renovated it looked like. The front desk was helpful @ check in. Room was a 2 double bed room that was clean & comfortable for what we needed. Pocket door on the bathroom was a nice touch. Pool was decent, although when we went there weren't any towels for my daughter & I ( was late at night right before closing) but a quick trip to the desk by my wife took care of that. Desk clerk brought towels withing 2-3 mins of her asking. Breakfast next morning was very busy, but breakfast attendant seemed to be holding her own. Pretty good food. If back in the area again, would defintely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
sismd133, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest and leaving your comments here at Tripadvisor. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate the kind comments regarding our staff and know they will be thrilled to see them as well.

We hope to see you again soon,
Warm Regards,

Kathy Vrcic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel to be fantastic! The room was spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly!The hotel's location makes visiting the outlets and Antietam Battlefield very easy! I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest and providing a review. Our staff will be so happy to read your review, they truly enjoy providing great service to our guests.

Warm Regards,

Kathy Vrcic
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I visit the Gettysburg area at least once a year so tend to vary where I stay. Although this Sleep Inn is in Maryland, it is very close to Gettysburg as it is off of Route 15. It is located behind the McDonald's.

The Sleep Inn is three stories and has plenty of parking. A continental breakfast is served in the morning in a good sized room with adequate seating space. The Sleep Inn also has a heated indoor swimming pool and a huge grassy area adjacent to the hotel where I saw kids running around and one trying to hit a golf ball.

Nearby there was a gas station, a McDonald's, a grocery store and a Subway.

This Sleep Inn is a smoke free hotel. I liked that there was a free computer to use in the hallway and it had an available printer as well for those of us that don't travel with laptops. There is free wireless service in the room for those that use that.

My room had a safe, iron/ironing board, coffee and coffee pot with sugar/sweetner, a beauty mirror, and a hair dryer. The room just had a shower and no tub. TThe hotel had a vending machine and a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use. My room had plenty of lighting and there was a convenient switch to turn the light off right from the bed. There was a large desk and a flat screen tv. 17 television channels were offered including HBO, CNN, and ESPN.
There was a mini fridge hidden inside of a cabinet.

I was happy with this find and will likely stay here on my next trip to Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night and found it to be very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The two ladies behind the counter recommended several local restaurants. We picked one and had a wonderful meal. When we came back, they had dog treats for our dog who was very pleased also. Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying at the Sleep Inn, in Hagerstown, was delightful. The four of us sat in the sitting area as if we were chatting in our living room. The beautful Christmas decorations through out the hotel were tastefully decorated. Clean, nice size room and extra large shower for a large person.
They had everything you wanted to eat at the complimentary breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, fruit, pastry, hot and cold drinks, hard boiled eggs, bagels, etc. Cracker Barrel is next door for dinner which has delicous food.
Staff were so friendly and helpful in directions to Antietam and other places which was the reason we came to Hagerstown, Md. ,from New Jersey, and our friends from Virginia.
It was a delight to stay there.

Room Tip: The halls are long, so if you can't walk far, ask for a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed there for two nights on our way to friends, to take advantage of seeing some history. It was in close proximity to Gettysburg and Antietam, which was just what we wanted. We found the hotel to be just what to expect from a chain type hotel, we usually stay in B & B's. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and we had everything we needed, nothing we didn't. The offered breakfast, which we did not use, seemed a bit lacking in more healthy choices, if you don't want cereal or pastry for breakfast this isn't for you. But there are breakfast areas nearby, we like to support local business anyway, and breakfasts are usually reasonable anywhere. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room probably from the second floor upwards, as the ground floor did have a distinct odor of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are staying in Hagerstown to go to Antietam, this hotel is ideally located on Highway 65, i.e. south of I-70. If you are interested in town and the huge outlet mall, it is on the wrong side of I-70. Not that important, but a bit of a time saver. When I checked in at noon for my room, the clerk gave me that old, tired and unappreciated line, "check in is at 3". Hruummph. I gave it right back to her, "sorry I left Chicago at 3am and this is when I arrived.. Do you have a room or should I try another?" She suddenly found the last one of the available rooms. The room was spartan and I could just not get it warm enough without going to super blast on the age old window unit. But, the room was adequate, quiet and the hotel is 50 yards from a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. I walked there for dinner after a 9 hour drive. Antietam Battlefield is only 10 minutes away, just south and right on Highway 65. The breakfast was fine, with standards of eggs, toasts. I wish they would get a good coffee ie. Starbucks...that Hills Bros is killing me. Too weak. But it was free. All in all had a good stay and the price was right. One last thing: I am big on a good, solid spray from a shower nozzle. At least have enought ummph to wash off my shaving cream. This one did not. Please Comfort Inn Corp, invest in good nozzles which give a hard spray. It is much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!