“Fantastic Find” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh
“Fantastic Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I visit the Gettysburg area at least once a year so tend to vary where I stay. Although this Sleep Inn is in Maryland, it is very close to Gettysburg as it is off of Route 15. It is located behind the McDonald's.

The Sleep Inn is three stories and has plenty of parking. A continental breakfast is served in the morning in a good sized room with adequate seating space. The Sleep Inn also has a heated indoor swimming pool and a huge grassy area adjacent to the hotel where I saw kids running around and one trying to hit a golf ball.

Nearby there was a gas station, a McDonald's, a grocery store and a Subway.

This Sleep Inn is a smoke free hotel. I liked that there was a free computer to use in the hallway and it had an available printer as well for those of us that don't travel with laptops. There is free wireless service in the room for those that use that.

My room had a safe, iron/ironing board, coffee and coffee pot with sugar/sweetner, a beauty mirror, and a hair dryer. The room just had a shower and no tub. TThe hotel had a vending machine and a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use. My room had plenty of lighting and there was a convenient switch to turn the light off right from the bed. There was a large desk and a flat screen tv. 17 television channels were offered including HBO, CNN, and ESPN.
There was a mini fridge hidden inside of a cabinet.

I was happy with this find and will likely stay here on my next trip to Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night and found it to be very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The two ladies behind the counter recommended several local restaurants. We picked one and had a wonderful meal. When we came back, they had dog treats for our dog who was very pleased also. Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying at the Sleep Inn, in Hagerstown, was delightful. The four of us sat in the sitting area as if we were chatting in our living room. The beautful Christmas decorations through out the hotel were tastefully decorated. Clean, nice size room and extra large shower for a large person.
They had everything you wanted to eat at the complimentary breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, fruit, pastry, hot and cold drinks, hard boiled eggs, bagels, etc. Cracker Barrel is next door for dinner which has delicous food.
Staff were so friendly and helpful in directions to Antietam and other places which was the reason we came to Hagerstown, Md. ,from New Jersey, and our friends from Virginia.
It was a delight to stay there.

Room Tip: The halls are long, so if you can't walk far, ask for a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed there for two nights on our way to friends, to take advantage of seeing some history. It was in close proximity to Gettysburg and Antietam, which was just what we wanted. We found the hotel to be just what to expect from a chain type hotel, we usually stay in B & B's. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and we had everything we needed, nothing we didn't. The offered breakfast, which we did not use, seemed a bit lacking in more healthy choices, if you don't want cereal or pastry for breakfast this isn't for you. But there are breakfast areas nearby, we like to support local business anyway, and breakfasts are usually reasonable anywhere. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room probably from the second floor upwards, as the ground floor did have a distinct odor of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are staying in Hagerstown to go to Antietam, this hotel is ideally located on Highway 65, i.e. south of I-70. If you are interested in town and the huge outlet mall, it is on the wrong side of I-70. Not that important, but a bit of a time saver. When I checked in at noon for my room, the clerk gave me that old, tired and unappreciated line, "check in is at 3". Hruummph. I gave it right back to her, "sorry I left Chicago at 3am and this is when I arrived.. Do you have a room or should I try another?" She suddenly found the last one of the available rooms. The room was spartan and I could just not get it warm enough without going to super blast on the age old window unit. But, the room was adequate, quiet and the hotel is 50 yards from a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. I walked there for dinner after a 9 hour drive. Antietam Battlefield is only 10 minutes away, just south and right on Highway 65. The breakfast was fine, with standards of eggs, toasts. I wish they would get a good coffee ie. Starbucks...that Hills Bros is killing me. Too weak. But it was free. All in all had a good stay and the price was right. One last thing: I am big on a good, solid spray from a shower nozzle. At least have enought ummph to wash off my shaving cream. This one did not. Please Comfort Inn Corp, invest in good nozzles which give a hard spray. It is much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Every fall I meet my college roommate in Hagerstown for a weekend of retail therapy at the Premium Outlets. We have stayed at the conveniently located Sleep Inn for many of those visits and have been happy with the good value, convenient location, and pleasant staff. This year was no exception. It is, however, probably time to replace the linens as they are looking a little tired. Otherwise, another great weekend.

• Stayed November 2012
Albany NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose the Sleep Inn for its reasonable $10 pet fee. Our room and the common areas were clean and the staff were friendly. We took advantage of the free breakfast (eggs and sausage, waffles, muffins, cereal, and fruit). We would definately stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!