“Tis a matter of perspective” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Tis a matter of perspective”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are staying in Hagerstown to go to Antietam, this hotel is ideally located on Highway 65, i.e. south of I-70. If you are interested in town and the huge outlet mall, it is on the wrong side of I-70. Not that important, but a bit of a time saver. When I checked in at noon for my room, the clerk gave me that old, tired and unappreciated line, "check in is at 3". Hruummph. I gave it right back to her, "sorry I left Chicago at 3am and this is when I arrived.. Do you have a room or should I try another?" She suddenly found the last one of the available rooms. The room was spartan and I could just not get it warm enough without going to super blast on the age old window unit. But, the room was adequate, quiet and the hotel is 50 yards from a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. I walked there for dinner after a 9 hour drive. Antietam Battlefield is only 10 minutes away, just south and right on Highway 65. The breakfast was fine, with standards of eggs, toasts. I wish they would get a good coffee ie. Starbucks...that Hills Bros is killing me. Too weak. But it was free. All in all had a good stay and the price was right. One last thing: I am big on a good, solid spray from a shower nozzle. At least have enought ummph to wash off my shaving cream. This one did not. Please Comfort Inn Corp, invest in good nozzles which give a hard spray. It is much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Every fall I meet my college roommate in Hagerstown for a weekend of retail therapy at the Premium Outlets. We have stayed at the conveniently located Sleep Inn for many of those visits and have been happy with the good value, convenient location, and pleasant staff. This year was no exception. It is, however, probably time to replace the linens as they are looking a little tired. Otherwise, another great weekend.

• Stayed November 2012
Albany NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose the Sleep Inn for its reasonable $10 pet fee. Our room and the common areas were clean and the staff were friendly. We took advantage of the free breakfast (eggs and sausage, waffles, muffins, cereal, and fruit). We would definately stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

2nd floor 2 doubles. minifridge, coffeemaker, hairdryer, wifi, free well lit parking all included. closet area nice plus. safe. dog fee is fair at $10/night. accomadation was in great condition for pet friendly hotelroom. beautiful green area at back for walks. super clean room! large clean shower (no bath in our specific room). 4 pillows each bed, average clean matresses,housekeeping great. pool area super clean and loads of daylight, towels provided. breakfast had basics. located off 70 east exit, but very quiet. cracker barrel, waffle house, mcdonalds, gas station in walking distance. outlets, antietem battle field museum, grotto, hagerstown park all within minutes of location! would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had stayed at this location back in 2003 when our kids were young and we liked it. We had hoped that we would not be disappointed this time. I booked a room about 2 1/2 weeks ahead of time for an anniversary get away for us. When I called the gal said all they had left was a king suite with jacuzzi for $117.00 I thought it was a very good rate for a summer weekend and we were quite pleased with our room. We checked in around 9 pm on a Friday night. We did dinner at the Cracker Barrel that is right in front of the hotel and it was good. There were folks sitting in the breakfast area munching pop corn from the machine they had out. We were on the third floor in room 300 next to the elevator. Was a little concerned we would hear alot of activity through the night but it was quiet. The jacuzzi was in the bathroom with the shower, not separate. We had the fridge and micowave and small kitchen sink. There was a pull out sofa bed and coffee table and next to it was the king bed. They were not separated by any wall or partition. The room was clean and comfortable. But I would agree with the one review someone else wrote the pillows are small. They seemed short, we had five but I don't think they would of gone the width of bed if we laid them out.

We did do the breakfast the first morning. Upon leaving the room one of the maids ask if we wanted our room made up and we said sure if you think you will be done when we are done with breakfast downstairs.We wanted to come back up and pack our cooler for a visit to Harpers Ferry. More so we didn't want to be in each other's way. She said sure and it was. The towels that we had used and wanted to be replaced were not replaced but fortunatly there were enough for us to use the second day. Breakfast was plentiful, the make your own waffle, sausage and premade scrambled egg rounds. They didn't have alot as far as donuts, just a cheese danish, muffins, two cold cerals, yogurt, fruit, bagels etc... It seemed to be well stocked. We didn't do breakfast there the second morning. The pool area and jacuzzi are still nicely maintained. They provide towels in the pool area for you to use. The fitness center looked nice but we did not use it. Staff seemed nice overall.

One thing that I noticed and maybe should be posted~addressed was the fact that some girl came into the breakfast area bare foot. She was an older teenager with her parents. I know folks come down, in pj's, loungers. It is just the way now. But places tell you no shoes, no shirt no service. I think it should apply in eating area's everywhere. I don't think slipping on a pair of flip flops is a big deal.

It is a pet friendly hotel and there were plenty of pets there. It is a nice hotel in a good location no problem finding it off of 70. Options for meals are within walking distance, outlet near by. Staff was friendly. When I booked the room, I used a debit card but opted to pay cash when we arrived. They did tack on a $50 fee upon payment. A security deposit that would be returned once the room was inspected for damages. Upon check out the girl gave us a reciept and the $50 back. I asked if they were going to inspect it. She said we looked ok and there were no outstanding phone charges. We were not disappointed with our stay. I felt we were given a very good rate, nice room and had a nice stay. It was about a 30 minute ride to Harpers Ferry from the hotel so it was convienent for what we wanted to do. I would definetly stay in this hotel again if we were going to be in the area. I would check rates against outlet packages that offer gift cards for the outlets if you are going to shop. Most often the rate is higher than the regular rate and value of a gift card.

Room Tip: Check rates for packages against regular rates.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We spent two days and the rooms were exactly as advertised. The hotel was quite pleasant and it was perfectly situated for our visit to Antietam - it was just nine miles away straight down the road in front of the hotel. We had a great experience and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in the Hagerston Sleep Inn & Suites as a pit stop along the road in August 2012. The front desk was extremely friendly. There was an indoor pool that I did not use. The room was a little on the small side, but I was there for 10 hours so that was not much of a deal. The room did have a fridge and microwave in it. The bathroom was a little on the small side as well, but I can say they did maximize every possible inch of space. Everything appeared to be quite clean.

Breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles) was complimentary the next morning. The hotel is about 1-2 minutes off of I-70 and there were a Wendy's and Waffle House adjacent to the property. Wi-Fi was free as well.

I would stay here again if I needed a quick place to stay. It was clean and easy to get in and out off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!