“Pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Galion, Ohio, United States
“Pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was helpful and polite. The complimentary breakfast was very nice to wake up to. On future visits, I will definitely experience the fitness center and pool area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay, and hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
york, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I checked in with my nephew on 7/18 and found one of the front desk ladies to be nice and the other just slightly rude. The lady that actually checked me in was nice and thanked me for being a diamond member. Her partner at the desk, a heavy set woman, wasn't nice at all. I paid in cash and the partner took it upon herself to say "I need ID" and that was it. She didn't say please or thank you or even explain why she needed my ID! (I knew it was because I paid cash, but that is besides the point). The pool was very nice and we swam there both days. The fitness room has an elliptical, a treadmill and a recline bike.....3 pieces of equipment. We only made it down in time for breakfast on Sunday and found it to be overly crowded. The lady that worked the breakfast area was nice and did her best to keep things going. I have no issue with her. My issue is with the fact that the room where the food is located is very small and caused traffic jams (partly the fault of other guests not giving a hoot that others want to get to something as they stand in the way and just stare at everything as they decide what they want). Due to a lack of empty seats, we had to sit in the lobby chairs. Oh, and don't ask for an extra hour for check out....I asked for a noon check out and they acted like it would stop the world to stay an extra hour....they did say yes, but I felt like it would cause them a hardship to stay, so I checked out at the 11 am checkout time. Overall the room was small but clean and the pool was nice, the AC drowned out any hallway and next door neighbor noise.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side of the hotel and had no complaints about noise. We were on the top fl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that your had a few issues, and I will address them with the staff. We appreciate your business and loyality to the Hilton Family of Hotels. Please come back and visit us if you are ever in the area again.
Knoxville TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our room was large, clean, comfortable and there was ample parking - a real blessing after 14 hours of driving. We often stay at Hamptons; this one was top notch. We made reservation in route on iPad without any problems. We found convenient shopping areas near by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you for being loyal to the Hampton Brand. We appreciate your business and the nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown only 1 night but our experience was a really good one. We were on our way to Florida and arrived in Hagerstown on a Friday night at midnight. We were received with a smile by the person at front desk even if it was late. Our room was really comfortable and clean. The good news is we booked this hotel on our way back home in a week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment and you recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Room was rather small, but very clean. The hotel smelled very fresh, air condition worked great. A couple things that we didn't like, when checking in there was an older lady who was not friendly at all. She asked me a question twice and I couldn't understand what she was saying and she rolled her eyes!!!! Very unprofessional! The toilet in our room didn't flush well....you had to hold the handle down for several seconds before it would flush....everytime! Lastily, the breakfast buffet was just ok, some kind of folded omelets with not much taste, maple flavored kielbsa sausage (didn't like). My husband made himself a waffle in the waffle maker...and waited for the timer to go off, the waffle was pale and doughy in the middle. They put all the cups and juices on one end and the milk on on the other end but with no cups! I would stay here again, but the older lady needs an attitude adjustment and a couple things needs changed about the breakfasf bar.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We welcome all feedbacks and I'm sorry to hear that you had a few issues. I will address these issues you had with the staff, and I hope you will come back and visit us again.
York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Always found hotel to be clean & staff very pleasant and helpful. Will not hesitate to go back there in future trips. Breakfast is complimentary and extremely fresh. Saves from making another stop elsewhere for breakfast. Good coffee alway taste fresh. Aways had good night sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. We are pleased to know you had an enjoyable visit, and we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Exceptionally clean and well-kept--wonderful place. Thought it was brand new but manager said it was 14 years old. You'd never know it. Right off of the interstate but still quiet and peaceful with birds and rabbits all around.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for the nice review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Hagerstown.

Been to Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81? Share your experiences!