“Our home away from home in Hagerstown” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Maryland
“Our home away from home in Hagerstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The kids and I shop at the Premium Outlets every few months and always stay at this property. Just spent the night here again and it's as good as always. Friendly and courteous staff are always there to greet you like family. The property is spotless, rooms are large, and there is little to no noise on the highway side. We had a room on the third floor this time facing the highway and there was virtually no noise and we slept like babies in the extremely comfortable beds. Free hot breakfast was as satisfying as always with lots of variety including waffles, bagels, pasties, omelets, and the best oatmeal. Restaurants are just a few minutes away on Pennsylvania Ave (Route 11). We love to eat at King's Pizza just 5 minutes away. Whenever we're in town doing our outlet shopping, this is the only place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for making us your home away from home when you are in Hagerstown. We love having you here, and thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our hotel and staff. We are happy to know that you and your family enjoys shopping and dining in our town. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we passed through on our way home from Florida to upstate NY. Never had any issues, I think its a great, safe, clean place to wind down after a day of being on the road. We arrived around 8pm, quickly checked in and got a list for pizza delivery. I really like Hampton's, they are usually up to date looking and easy to deal with.

I highly recommend the first place listed on the pizza delivery list.

The reason I didn't give this 5 stars is you do notice the noise from I-81 if you stay on that side of the hotel. I always bring a loud fan to drown noise out but you can hear it above the fan. I don't remember the hotel being as noisy the last time we stayed but they can't help it.

For the convenience, safety and cleanliness I would recommend this place. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: request a room on the opposite side of I-81.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when your travel plans takes you along I-81. We are pleased to know you find our hotel to be safe and clean. Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. See you again soon.
Chestertown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I got a good rate on this hotel which, is why I stayed here. My wife and I were on a business trip. we stayed Friday and Saturday. We had a king room (not a suite). The room was clean. The staff were for the most part friendly. There are a few problems I think that the manager should address to make the hotel a lot better. I would give this hotel a 3.5 star but it wasn't a choice. First, the rooms were quiet except for the cleaning staff. they would start cleaning rooms at 830-9 am, which isnt a problem but they acted as if they were the only ones in the hotel. they would yell up and down the halls and laugh and carry on with each other. Granted I was awake so it wasn't a problem for me but 'm sure there were people who may have been staying for several days who slept or at least wanted to sleep in late. the cleaning staff did this both days. Second, the bathroom was nice and clean however, the shower head was terrible. I have seen more water being thrown around a a catholic Baptism than this shower head put out. I have a very short military haircut and it was all I could do to rinse the soap off much less my wife who has longer hair. Lastly, the breakfast ends at 10 am on the weekend. I like to get up and exercise before I eat so I had to get up a lot earlier since breakfast ended at 10. I thought it would at least go until 1030 if not 11 am on the weekends. The hotel does have great tasting coffee, which is left out all day for customers to enjoy, which was very nice. The gym was clean. It had one treadmill, one stair climber and a bike. The treadmill worked but the programs did not adjust the incline. I found I couldn't adjust it manually either. The hotel had plenty of parking and is in a safe area. My room was on the interstate side but the noise was not a concern as I didn't hear any. There aren't any restaurants within walking distance but if you drive 3-4 miles down the road, there are plenty. I would and plan on staying here again but I would like to see a few minor changes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. I'm happy you liked your room and plan on staying again, and I will address the issues you mentioned to the staff. It is Hapton's standard to serve breakfast from 6-10 daily, and have coffee available 24/7. We hope to see you again soon.
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel if you just need to stop your drive and get a good night's rest in an attractive and well-run chain hotel. Located right on I 81- ask for a room away from the highway. We did not hear any road noise at all. Desk staff was cheerful and efficient, and recommended a great local BBQ place for dinner, as we did not want to go the fast food route (there is plenty of that nearby). Room was nicely furnished and everything in the hotel seemed new or almost new. Breakfast (free) had a good selection of hot and cold items. They also had brown bags to go with apple, muffin, water for those on the fly, which I thought was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you so very much for writing such a nice review of our staff and property. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay and enjoyed eating at one of our local restaurants. We hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I should have paid closer attention to other TA reviews warning about the noise from the interstate. Unbelievable. Add the occasional train horn, and truck engine brake, and you're pretty much guaranteed to get zero sleep. I guess if you're lucky/smart enough to specify a room on the non-highway side, you might have a chance if some sleep. There are no restaurants in the area (unless you consider McDonalds/Taco Bell to be restaurants) - you have to go into Hagerstown. Would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Opposite side from highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I'm truly sorry you were not happy with the location of the hotel and the restaurants close by. Please note that there are other restaurants off our exit that are NOT Fast Food. Thanks again for the review.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had the same large, clean room we've found at other Hamptons, but this location has a few problems that make me say look somewhere else. First of all, our room was literally within 75 yards of Interstate 81. (I guess that's why they put I-81 in the name.) If you go here, you must get a room on the front side of the building or you will feel like trucks are driving through your room all night.

Second, the room only had feather pillows. Even with one on top of the other, my head went all the way down to the mattress. It was nearly the same as sleeping with no pillow at all.

Third, we picked this place for a short family getaway because it has an indoor pool. But when we finally got in, the water was so cold my daughter was freezing in less than ten minutes. The next morning at 7:30, I asked if they could turn up the temperature on the pool and the desk clerk said the technician would do that at 8:00 am. By 10:00 we tried to go in again, but it was no different from the night before. We called from the pool and asked if it could be turned up, and they said someone would come, but nobody ever did. Again, none of us could take the cold water more than about 10 minutes. On top of this, they had no towels at the pool, so we had to use our room towels for two (very short) swims and a shower. It appeared they were trying to cut corners on heating the pool and cleaning towels. It may as well have been an outdoor pool.

If you're looking for a short, fun trip for the family where you can get a quiet sleep, look somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can't get on the front side of the building, drive on by.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I'm sorry the locaton of our property (which is right off I-81) was a problem, and that you didn't like the feather pillows. The pool was recently resurfaced and after refilling it the water temperature took a few days to get back to normal. I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed for 3 weeks at a stretch last April. Comfy bed, big rooms, nice view, but no too many restaurants nearby. Hotel staff though was pretty helpful..they took me around few days for shopping nearby in Walmart & other malls..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our comfy large rooms, and that the staff took care of you the three weeks you were here. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81? Share your experiences!