“Clean and Well Managed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Virginia
“Clean and Well Managed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a standard hotel with amentities and good quality. We had a room on the "quiet side" which was quite comfortable and well appointed. Good breakfast, pleasant staff wre very knowledgeable and were precise with their recommendations for dining choices and specific shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and one of our local restaurants. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn's overall quality and service is right up at the top of all Hampton Inns, which is a very high standard! I checked out this hotel on "trip advisor" before making a reservation and found it had excellent reviews. After staying at the Hagerstown Hampton Inn located adjacent to Interstate-81, I can confirm that those high marks were accurate. I recommend this hotel to all looking for a place with a friendly and helpful staff, exceptional cleanliness, and a great breakfast. However, in my opinion, the price is 15% too high.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel, we appreciate you taking time to comment on your recent stay. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the area.
Hagerstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very clean, new, and great rooms. The breakfast was great. The lobby had a nice lounge area as well. We were in town for a wedding, and they offered shuttle service to the venue that was 10 minutes away. Didn't get to use the indoor pool, though it looked very nice. Only minutes off of I-81

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you and the rest of your wedding gorup here. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travel plans takes you to Hagerstown.
Hagerstown, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel itself is nice, rooms were clean, but don't get a room on the I-81 side. Heavy Truck traffic and jaybraking all night long. I couldn't sleep the one night at all. Pool is nice, and breakfast set up is pretty good. Some of the staff is nasty, while others are the epitome of customer service and friendliness. It's location is convenient but noisy because it's a stone's thrown away from the interstate. If your looking for a restaurant while there go to Hemple Hill BBQ IT IS OFF THE HOOK!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and time. We are pleased to know you liked our hotel and had the opportunity to try one of the local restaurants, and had a good time there. We hope to see you again.
Washingtonville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here again this Memorial Day weekend for my daughter's Softball Tournament. Not much has changed..and that's a good thing. Very clean, well-run Hampton Inn. Comfortable rooms, great breakfast kept well stocked with varying choices each day. Very nice and accomodating staff...treated all the teams staying there very well. Just one disappointment...I did not get the room on the first floor, away from the highway that I had requested and was assured it was pre-assigned. No explanation from staff as to what happened.
If that's important to you, call a couple of days in advance to make sure you get what you asked for.

Room Tip: Still suggest getting a room away from the highway side of the building as this location is very clo...
Dear Guest.

Thank you and your team for staying with us a second time, and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay, but sorry we were not abe to get you a room on the first floor as requested. The hotel was completely booked up for the weekend and we tried our best to fullfill the requests to the best of our ability. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you agian next year.
Exeter, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We, also, will not be staying at Hampton Inns in the future because of the use of Febrezze in their rooms. I have an allergy to scents; they trigger headaches. The hotel staff in Hagerstown was very helpful in making sure our room was not sprayed during our stay, but the smell in the hallways was offensive. We have always selected Hampton Inn for our stay visiting family in Hagerstown - the staff is friendly and it is very well run. But, in the future, we will select a different hotel.

I will make sure from now on that I ask about the use of this product before booking at any hotels. Our stay at the Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston was negatively affected, also, by the use of this product. If a room is cleaned properly, there is no need for this product.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to comment on your last visit. We're pleased to know that the staff was helpful, but sorry that the use of Febreeze in our hallways was a problem. It is part of Hampton Standards to use this product, and we sorry you won't stay with the Brand due to this.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We had guests visit from out of town. I was delighted to see the room was very clean but I guess I was expecting a little more of a luxurious room for what the room cost them. The service was great though so no real complaints!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81? Share your experiences!