“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Central City, KY
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Being forced off I-81 due to snow/ice, we felt very fortunate to get a room at this Hampton Inn on December 26th. Front desk personnel were very kind/friendly. We had a great room which was very clean and comfortable. With ice and snow everywhere we hated to venture out for dinner, but the front desk gave us a recommendation fairly close. Much to our surprise when we arrived there, it was closed. However, there was a great pizza/Italian place next door. Food was very good so we were pleased. The breakfast area was very neat clean and lots of choices for breakfast. Definitely would recommend this HI.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest. Thanks for taking time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you had a great stay, and we hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are traveling through this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
raleigh nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years, and it continues to be one of the nicest places I have visited. It is clean and comfortable and warm and inviting. It is the best hampton I have stayed in, and I have stayed in many over the years.

The place is immaculate, they remember everything such as snow scrapers on snowy mornings, and little extras that make you very safe and comfortable. I will always stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest. Thanks for making the Hampton Inn Hagerstown i-81 your home away from home. It is a please serving you time and time again, and we appreciate your loyality not only to us, but also to the the Hampton Brand. We will see you soon.
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest Hampton Inn's we've ever stayed at. In all honestly, there is not one thing I'd suggest to make it a better stay for guests.

The Hampton is located right off I-81. There are a few fast food restaurants and a gas station nearby. The hotel itself is a little larger than many other Hamptons. The lobby was beautifully decorated and spacious. A great area to relax in and plenty of room for the morning breakfast.

The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. Our room itself was extremely clean and comfy. Heating unit worked well, as the did the fridge and microwave. As usual, the bed was very inviting and comfortable. I would suggest asking for an odd # room as those rooms faced the opposite side of I-81. We had a nice quiet view from the front end of the hotel.

Another plus was a beautiful, clean indoor pool. It was so nice to relax a bit and swim around in the clean, warm water. There were plenty of towels and the overall decor in the pool area was very nice.

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. A very large spread (bigger than I've seen at many other Hampton Inns). All the food was fresh (loved the pound cake) and the dining area was clean and well stocked.

A quick example of how the staff went out of there way for us. My wife was out visiting family and I was left with our daughter (and no car). We decided to walk from the hotel to a fast food place (about a 5 minute walk) on a chilly December evening. As we left of Hampton bundled up, a front desk attendant must have seen us leaving the Hampton Inn. After about 1 minute of walking, the Hampton Inn van with the attendant pulled up and asked if we'd like a ride to the restaurant. It was a very nice gesture on their part. They also told us we could call after we were done eating and they'd pick us up.

All in all, just a great place to stay and we definetely look forward to staying again when we visit the area.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face away from I-81, ask for one them as they look out the front of the Hampton Inn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest. I can't say thank you enough for the wonderful review. I am so pleased to know that our staff went above and beyond to help you and your family. We take pride in providing excellent service to all our guests. Thanks again for taking time to comment on your recent stay, and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Very nice lobby, everyone at the front desk was kind and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was free and it was delicious; cereal, bagels, english muffins, eggs, sausage, etc. wi fi was free and was quite fast.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are happy that you had a nice stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Paoli, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Hotel looks to be recently renovated. Room was clean an comfortable. Nice breakfast included. Was traveling on a cold December day so it was nice there was an indoor pool for the kids to play in after a long day in the car. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm pleased to know you like our recently renovated hotel and you had a nice stay. We hope to see you again soon. Happy New Year!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My family visited this location for an overnight stay. Typical Hampton Inn with comfortable rooms, clean and basic amenities included: fridge, microwave in the room and standard Hampton breakfast. Easy on and off I-81 for travellers.The lobby was nicely decorated for Chritsmas and appreciated. Teresa the front desk associate was friendly and accomodating and offered to book us a reservation at Outback Restaurant to assist with wait times. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write a review. I am pleased to know you had a great stay, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were very tired from driving all day from SC (on the way to NJ) and we kept getting off exits, looking for a Hampton (we prefer them, for the most part) that had an INDOOR pool for the kids to swim in. Accck, every one we looked at had an outdoor pool, until this Hampton, off of I-81 in Hagerstown, MD. SMALL pool, NO hot tub (major disappointment, especially for my husband who was tired and achy after driving all day). I think there's actually lots of room in the pool area to put in a hot tub, but that's just my humble opinion. LOL The front lobby where you check in was absolutely GORGEOUS with all the Christmas decorations. The room was average, not bad, but my goodness, there was so much dust on the lightbulb in the lamp beside the beds, that it was shocking.....holy smokes, THICK dust! Sheesh. A stinkbug was stuck up inside the bathroom lightfixture......kinda icky. I don't know, I can't give it a bad review, per se, but just average. Nice breakfast area, and nice variety off foods. Not sure if this area tends to be higher priced, but it seemed expensive compared to other (and nicer) Hamptons we've stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for stopping and choosing our location. While i'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our holiday decorations. I understand you were unhappy witht he cleanliness of your room and i am sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels brings you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for the review.

Been to Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81? Share your experiences!