“Average......but decorated BEAUTIFULLY for Christmas :)” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
New Jersey
“Average......but decorated BEAUTIFULLY for Christmas :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were very tired from driving all day from SC (on the way to NJ) and we kept getting off exits, looking for a Hampton (we prefer them, for the most part) that had an INDOOR pool for the kids to swim in. Accck, every one we looked at had an outdoor pool, until this Hampton, off of I-81 in Hagerstown, MD. SMALL pool, NO hot tub (major disappointment, especially for my husband who was tired and achy after driving all day). I think there's actually lots of room in the pool area to put in a hot tub, but that's just my humble opinion. LOL The front lobby where you check in was absolutely GORGEOUS with all the Christmas decorations. The room was average, not bad, but my goodness, there was so much dust on the lightbulb in the lamp beside the beds, that it was shocking.....holy smokes, THICK dust! Sheesh. A stinkbug was stuck up inside the bathroom lightfixture......kinda icky. I don't know, I can't give it a bad review, per se, but just average. Nice breakfast area, and nice variety off foods. Not sure if this area tends to be higher priced, but it seemed expensive compared to other (and nicer) Hamptons we've stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for stopping and choosing our location. While i'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our holiday decorations. I understand you were unhappy witht he cleanliness of your room and i am sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels brings you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just finished a three day conference for forty people at this Hotel. Staff were quite helpful. Hotel was spotless. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good but very crowded. Coffee was excellent and offered all day, not just in the morning. Meeting rooms were excellent. Coffee at breaks served on time and was HOT. Very nice lobby with GREAT TV to watch Saturday football games! (-:

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for taking time to write such a positive review of our hotel. I'm pleased to learned than you not only stayed in one of our rooms, but you attended a conference in the meeting room. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The bed was SO comfortable, like A Hampton bed always is. Our room was extremely quiet. A wonderful night 's sleep. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Another example of why we love Hampton Inns. Thanks!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time to write such a wonderful review of our facility and staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time you are in Hagerstown.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The WORSE EVER!!!!!! As I write this review, I am still a guest. But,i have so much eqipment in the room, i did not relocate to another hotel. it appears that management does not promote good customer service, or they did a horrible job hiring good people. This is without a doubt the worst Hilton family hotel I have ever stayed at. As a diamond level member, I expect some perks, e.g., bottle of water. From check in the front desk clerks were rude and made us feel like we were just a number. They treated me, a Diamond level member, like they do not value our business. I feel bad for the occasional traveler and the poor treatment they would most likely get. They failed to make up my room and all the front desk said is "o.k. I'll make a note". What does that mean? No apology? I asked for water that usually comes in my room as a Diamnd member and the clerk said "you can buy some at the desk". Didn't even offer as a courstesy! C'mon! Water is a minimal investment for the hotel that provides tons of profit. Two bottles of water would go far for keeping a loyal customer. Anyway, good luck to the next customer. I hope this is a franchise hotel, because I don't think a corporate hotel wold be so horrible.

Stayed October 2012
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest! I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service from our staff; this is not the Hampton horm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in our area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was working in the area from Sep.-Oct 2012.My company had a block of rooms reserved for 4-5 weeks.Most of the guys ate the breakfast every day,and seemed pleased. I have been a HH member for about 14 years ,and have held status all the way up to Diamond.When I checked in I was back down to Blue ,but that didn't seem to matter with the staff.Everyone treated me like I was a valued guest.We used the shuttle 4-5 times a week,and our main driver at night Meghan was great!
All in all this is waht you expect from Hilton properties,and the staff went above,and beyond, even when I was sick in my room for 3 days,the housekeepers were great.
Thanks for putting up with a bunch of construction workers tracking cement dust all over the place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our staff and hotel. We value everyone's business and strive to make their stay a pleasant one. Again, thank you for taking time to comment on your stay, and we look forward to seeing you and your crew again soon.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a newer Hampton Inn. If you are a franchise customer, you pretty well know what to expect and this place delivers. The personnel are courteous, the location is an easy stop off the interstate, and the housekeeping is immaculate. It looks to be a developing corporate area and the one drawback is that there are only fast-food franchises around the hotel at the moment. If you want anything more, you have to get back in the car and head back to the interstate for an exit or two beyond, which isn't a particularly attractive option when you've been in the car for most of the day already.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and your time. We hope to see you again soon.
USA Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

You could pay less, at any number of motel chains, but you probably, most likely, would get much less. You could also pay more, at any number of hotels and motels, but what could you possibly get for the additional money, or want, that would be better than this? Staff was, as expected, courteous, solicitous, efficient. Room was immaculate, spacious, quiet. Breakfast - enough variety to satisfy any habits or meet any dietary considerations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn I-81 for your lodging needs, and for such a wonderful review on your recent stay. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again.