“WOW, real nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“WOW, real nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This Hampton Inn is very good! It was clearly just renovated and my room was modern and clean. Bed was real nice, staff was good, big parking lot, breakfast was typical Hampton. Good valuable hotel. Happy and cheerful staff makes this place even better. When I'm in Hagerstown again this will be the place I stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81, and for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about the property.. We take pride in keeping our facility clean and welcoming for all our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
OC, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We are fans of Hampton Inn and Suites and this location did not disappoint. Check-in was quick. Loved the decor downstairs in the hotel and breakfast area. The room was large and the bed was sooo comfortable which is one of the reasons that we love Hampton Inn. The breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a fan of Hampton Inn. We appreciate your loyality to the Brand, and for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to Hagerstown. I'm happy to know that you like our new docor in the lobby and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Maiden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My elderly father and I had a room with 2 queen beds, they were firm but very comfortable, nice soft quilts. We slept very well. I checked the mattresses under the sheets (I always do) and they were immaculate. The accommodations are a slight downgrade from the Homewood Suites in Hagerstown (stayed there a few times, great place), but the rate is cheaper so it's a good choice for that price. Front desk was very helpful, Hilton trains their employees well. I'd give the shower some demerits because it was poor pressure, and the shower head was so high up I had to stand on the edge of the tub to try and adjust it (didn't help). It was like running through raindrops. Also, there is no vent fan in the bathroom so I couldn't finish getting ready in there, too steamy. It was very clean however, and the furniture style bathroom sink/vanity was a nice touch. The room had a refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave, laptop tray for using it in bed, a desk, 2 chairs and an HD TV. Room was very clean.
I had a wonderful swim by myself in the heated pool, the area is very clean and looks newly refurbished. There is also a fitness room.
There is a shortage of decent restaurants close by (they are about 4 miles away), but there is a Waffle House 2 blocks away that had surprisingly good food (chili was great), salads, burgers, sandwiches, even steak and chicken and of course breakfast, they are open 24 hrs. It's all we really needed. They do have delivery from a few pizza places and a Chinese restaurant. Breakfast is served 6-10am on weekends. The buffet room was pretty small and it was a bit crowded in there but considering it was peak time, it looked to be a temporary situation. Things cleared up in there after a short while. Looked like the traffic jam was people waiting for the waffle maker, which is something I see every place I stay. I liked the breakfast at Homewood Suites a bit better (love their breakfast casserole) but this was good, hot, and we were happy with it.
The one thing I didn't care for was the garish 70's decor, it looked new so I think it was on purpose, but the carpets reminded me of being in Las Vegas. Just my own personal taste, I prefer a more classy look.
All in all, a good value for the price, a good sleep, very clean, good staff, and happy with the food.

Room Tip: We had room by elevator because my elderly dad couldn't walk far. Perfect for his situation but...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Hello Traveler,

Thank you for being a loyal customer to the Hilton Family of Hotels. We appreciate your business and great review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Needed a place to stay with my kids in between trips to Ski Liberty and Whitetail. No expecting much--just a place to sleep. But the staff and public areas were very nice... loved the layout of the lobby and breakfast rooms. The breakfast was amazing: hot eggs and biscuits, oatmeal, waffles, not just the usual cold danishes and boxes of cereal. Thank you, Hampton Inn. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, and despite overlooking I-81, the room was completely quiet. I've never had any particular loyalty to a hotel chain, but on our trip to FL in April, we're looking for Hampton Inns to stay in now.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Hello There! Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. We just got finish renovations on the Lobby, Breakfast Area and Front Desk, and we're pleased to know that you like it. Hope you will come back and stay with us the next time your visiting Ski Whitetail or Liberty.
Sherbrooke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

4 hotels in our trip, and we always get a good one. Good and quiet sleep, great bed. Good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Hello There!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Cleanest Hotel I've ever been in!!! Bathroom was SPOTLESS! Towels were whiter than my towels at home! Bed was the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I've ever slept in (including mine at home). Breakfast was GREAT...waffles, omlets, bacon, juice, toast, cereal, fruit & more. Desk help was SUPERB! They couldn't be nicer! FIVE STARS TO THE HAMPTON INN MAUGANSVILLE MD

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81, and for the wonderful review. We are pleased to know you had an excellant stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others: environmental friendly with choice of cleaning products and paper products, very modern and in excellent condition, rooms size was generous, breakfast excellent, close to highway and the staff was friendly and accommodating. This was my first visit here and I would not hesitate to visit again. I generally stay at hampton inns and this was one of the best experiences. Unfortunately many hamptons are old and in serious need of upgrading---many are so bad I won't stay there again. This one is awesome!

Room Tip: The road noise from I-81 might bother some people but I had no problem with it as the hotel is set b...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay and will come back to visit us. We just got finish with the remodeling of the Lobby, Front Desk and Breakfast area and everyone is loving the modern look. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81? Share your experiences!