We stayed at the HI Express in Hagerstown for two nights on our way to and from our vacation destination. The first night at the hotel was fine, we were on the 3rd floor which seemed to have some newer renovations and the room was clean. We arrived very late and check-in was quick. The bed was comfortable, but I did not like how you could not pull the covers up past the mid-chest level - very annoying. Breakfast in the morning was good, but very picked over as some others have posted. We arrived to eat breakfast at 8 am, hardly late since it is served until 10.
The second night we stayed at this hotel was very disappointing. We were on the 2nd floor which states "non-smoking". This is very important to my husband and I since he suffers from severe allergies and I am pregnant. Our room smelled like smoke! I called the front desk and asked about this, they assured me no one was smoking on our floor and would have someone come up and check things out. We also wanted to hit the road early in the morning and called to schedule a wake-up call, we never got our wake-up call in the morning, thank goodness I set the alarm on my cell phone as a back-up. The bed in the 2nd room was uncomfortable and you could not control the temperature of the a/c unit (the second floor appears to not be upgraded as the 3rd floor was). Breakfast was a bit less picked over, but we arrived at 6 am right when it started.
Note: this hotel allows dogs, which is great for travelers who bring their pets. But rather annoying when people do not try to keep their dogs quiet. BTW, I am a dog owner and yes, my dog barks, but not continuously as a dog did in this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown Hotel Hagerstown
- Holiday Inn Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites offers all the modern comforts at our affordable hotel exuding luxury through beautifully decorated rooms. Each spacious, moderately priced room and suite offer ample amenities, including whirlpool spa suites, a fitness room, complimentary HSIA, indoor pool and spa, complimentary hot breakfast and an executive meeting center. Seeing is believing! We are conveniently located off Interstate 81 at exit 5A, just 1/2 mile north of Interstate 70 and close to three major airports (IAD, BWI, DCA). We are just 1 hour to Baltimore and 1.5 hours to Washington DC, and major companies such as Citicorp, First Data, JLG/Oshkosh, Staples, Volvo (Mack), Manitowoc/Grove, Washington County Hospital are just minutes away. You'll enjoy easy access to restaurants, Prime Outlets and Valley Mall shopping, and attractions such as Maryland Theater, Antietam National Battlefield, C&O National Historic Park, Hagerstown Speedway, Hagerstown Suns, Charlestown Raceway, Whitetail Ski Resort and much more. Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is the perfect hotel for tour groups, wedding groups, small business conferences, or a just weekend getaway. You will love our AAA Three Diamond Award-winning hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.