My family and I travel from Atlanta to Syracue each year to visit family. We seem to enjoy driving 10 hours first day then 6 the next (it makes day 2 relatively "easy"). Stayed at this property two years ago. Clean, good service, & loved walking to dinner next door. Checked in earlier today and upon walking into room my wife and I were overwhelmed with the smell of urine odor particularly in the bathroom. Of course we asked for another room and Joni was super nice to help us move to a new room. When we walked into the new room my daughter found a few "stink" bugs in the bathroom. I'm no scientist but am guessing they are attracted to moist atmospheres. Not wanting to go 0 for 3 I went to the front desk and told them what happened. They were super nice and tried to accommodate by trying to move us to another floor. However, we just didn't feel like it was bug safe and also clean. The staff (Joni) gave us no trouble at all when we asked to cancel our stay and were sincere in apologizing. Felt a little bad in reaching that point but my family and I just didn't want to stay there after driving 10 hours and experiencing these unfortunate events. We checked into a nearby hotel and got a clean, bug free room where I am typing this from. There's probably someone out there who has a complaint about the veey same hotel I am sleeping in but for an extra $15 a night it's worth the peace of mind knowing it's clean and bug free. HIE is usually a safe bet but it wasn't tonight.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown Hotel Hagerstown
- Holiday Inn Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites offers all the modern comforts at our affordable hotel exuding luxury through beautifully decorated rooms. Each spacious, moderately priced room and suite offer ample amenities, including whirlpool spa suites, a fitness room, complimentary HSIA, indoor pool and spa, complimentary hot breakfast and an executive meeting center. Seeing is believing! We are conveniently located off Interstate 81 at exit 5A, just 1/2 mile north of Interstate 70 and close to three major airports (IAD, BWI, DCA). We are just 1 hour to Baltimore and 1.5 hours to Washington DC, and major companies such as Citicorp, First Data, JLG/Oshkosh, Staples, Volvo (Mack), Manitowoc/Grove, Washington County Hospital are just minutes away. You'll enjoy easy access to restaurants, Prime Outlets and Valley Mall shopping, and attractions such as Maryland Theater, Antietam National Battlefield, C&O National Historic Park, Hagerstown Speedway, Hagerstown Suns, Charlestown Raceway, Whitetail Ski Resort and much more. Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is the perfect hotel for tour groups, wedding groups, small business conferences, or a just weekend getaway. You will love our AAA Three Diamond Award-winning hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.