“Excellent stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Brighton, Ontario
“Excellent stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This holiday inn express was very clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The pool was nice and warm, the jacuzzi was nice, the fitness room was adequate. I would absolutely plan on stopping again in Hagerstown, as this was the best holiday inn express we have ever visited.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had a pleasant stay in the Hagerstown Maryland Holiday inn express. The hotel had just completed renovations on the rooms and they were nicely done and roomy. The hotel has a heated pool and a jacuzzi which we didn't have time to use : ( . The staff was friendly and helpful . The hotel is located next to a large mall and there are several good places to eat. They are pet friendly and only charge a 25 dollar fee . A buffet breakfast is included and it was filling and good . We we're visiting family and when we return I already know that we will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with this hotel and was very surprised by the bad reviews. They must listen carefully to customer complaints because I had an excellent experience. The hotel was clean and had been recently updated. The breakfast dining area was nicer than most hotels and the food area was clean and well stocked at 9:30 AM. The food was good and I especially liked the cinnamon rolls. The pool area was nicer than most hotels and I enjoyed my swim. I appreciated bed linens that are washed for every guest and a pretty, spacious room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was offered cold, bottled water several times and I am not even a member of the club. It was close to I 81 and I 70 and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Great location, super friendly service, very clean and the rooms were nice! I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels, too. I liked that our room had a fridge which was nice!!! The lobby was very very nice and the free breakfast in the morning was really nice!!!

My only gripe was that the walls were so paper thin that I could hear the people in the room beside us with their tv on all night long and could hear their conversation like it was in the same room!!! The heater made such a racquet that it woke me up every time it came on. Other than these things, this was a great hotel on our drive north.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida and again on our way back. The facility is a little bit older, but quite clean. The bathrooms were clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was adequate. The proximity to the Outback restaurant and a few other restaurants are withing walking distance, which was great for us as we were hauling trailers. I would stay again, if we were in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

In Hagerstown to visit a friend at MCI-H for the weekend. I stayed at this hotel because of it's location, right across the street from the Valley Mall and close to Target. Turns out that there are no sidewalks in this area to get easily from the hotel to the mall. Does no one walk in Hagerstown? Anyway, the hotel was very clean, the breakfast buffet was good, except there was no waffle machine! There was a bizarre pancake maker instead. Never seen that before. I didn't use any of the hotel ammenities so I can't comment on them. There was free Wi-Fi too! Loved that. The room was big and the bathroom was clean too. I enjoyed my stay very much! Thank you to the hotel staff as well for being helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
steelers90, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your stay with us and we are grateful for your comments, this helps me as the General Manager to understand the needs of our guests to better serve you. Walking to the Valley mall is a challenge but not sure if the county will add sidewalks in the near future or not but as far as the Holiday Inn Express my number one goal is guest satisfaction and we aim to please. I will look into a waffle machine to see if we can possibly get that added into our breakfast selections. We hope to have you back soon.

Travis K Swatsworth
GM
Lansdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express locations we have used. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It was close to a variety of places to eat, a few were in walking distance. The breakfast was the standard Express food with a very nice dining area. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We had our dog and there were ample walking areas

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
steelers90, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank You for your imput on trip advisor as the General Manager at the Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, Md. our number one goal is customer service and our staff is trained on excellence and ensuring the best for our guests. We appreciate the feed back which enables us at our hotel to ensure we are providing the best service possible. We would love to have you all back and hope to see you again soon.

Travis K Swatsworth
GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown? Share your experiences!