“Very Welcoming Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Chula Vista, California
“Very Welcoming Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The instant I walked through the lobby door, I felt welcomed by the front desk staff.

They quickly checked me in (no reservation) using my Priority Club card and gave me a small bag with a bottle of water and snacks for being a PC member.

The room was clean, spacious, quiet, and comfortable.

The continental breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare.

All in all, it was a very good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cherrylog, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My extended family stayed in this hotel Mar.3-6, as a base for a family wedding. All in all, everything was great. Check in was flawless, even got a rollaway for my daughter's room. Loved the Priority Club goodie bags! Room was clean and spacious. The indoor pool was awesome; the biggest and nicest one I've ever seen, complete with sauna. My grands and grandneices and nephews loved it! The breakfast bar was outstanding; they even had my herbal teas. One morning we had ham as a choice; very upscale. Front desk was constantly asking if we had everthing we needed, and gave us directions to the nearest grocery. Helpful because we had micro and fridge in each room. Only problem so far that I hope will be resolved, is that although I gave my priority club #, when my children came in, they gave their own Priority club # , which messed up things; at this point we are not seeing points for 4 days stay. Also, the lobby is pretty well filled up after breakfast due to a travel sales event, and almost every table was occupied with folks selling. Had problems printing direction from business center..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Was staying on the 3rd floor turned on light and cockroaches were on tv mantle and refrigerator. Complained to front desk and nothing was done about it. Had to sleep with light and tv on. Would not recommend this hotel until it has a thorough extermination done!

The pool area was nice and lobby but not my room!

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Greece, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Was a great hotel liked the room breakfast was great. pool area was outstanding sleep quality was great nice hotel, only thing that wasnt very good was the bathroom kind of out dated

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Oberlin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Free Internet was advertised but the band width was not sufficient to meet demand.
The business center computer was available for use.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel was just perfect for our purposes: A one-night stay between two busy days. The room was spotlessly clean, the beds were actually comfortable, and the shower was wonderful, with an extra large shower head and good water pressure that felt great after a long day (I decided while in the shower that I needed to write a positive review -- enough said?). We wished that we'd brought our swimsuits along to take a quick dip in the pool and whirlpool, both also very clean and inviting. The breakfast area was large and pleasant, with an impressive array of choices, from pre-made cheese omelettes and bacon, to fruit cups, to cinnamon rolls to yogurt. It was all more than I expected from a Holiday Inn Express, and really a pleasant experience.

One quick extra note: There are a few cloverleaf-style interchanges and divided-highway roads in the area right around the hotel, so be sure to have either accurate directions or a GPS to follow carefully on the way in, lest you take a few extra detours.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed at the HI Express in Hagerstown for two nights on our way to and from our vacation destination. The first night at the hotel was fine, we were on the 3rd floor which seemed to have some newer renovations and the room was clean. We arrived very late and check-in was quick. The bed was comfortable, but I did not like how you could not pull the covers up past the mid-chest level - very annoying. Breakfast in the morning was good, but very picked over as some others have posted. We arrived to eat breakfast at 8 am, hardly late since it is served until 10.

The second night we stayed at this hotel was very disappointing. We were on the 2nd floor which states "non-smoking". This is very important to my husband and I since he suffers from severe allergies and I am pregnant. Our room smelled like smoke! I called the front desk and asked about this, they assured me no one was smoking on our floor and would have someone come up and check things out. We also wanted to hit the road early in the morning and called to schedule a wake-up call, we never got our wake-up call in the morning, thank goodness I set the alarm on my cell phone as a back-up. The bed in the 2nd room was uncomfortable and you could not control the temperature of the a/c unit (the second floor appears to not be upgraded as the 3rd floor was). Breakfast was a bit less picked over, but we arrived at 6 am right when it started.

Note: this hotel allows dogs, which is great for travelers who bring their pets. But rather annoying when people do not try to keep their dogs quiet. BTW, I am a dog owner and yes, my dog barks, but not continuously as a dog did in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown? Share your experiences!