“A Surprising Find” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 199 restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Description: yelp.com/biz/corner-pub-hagerstown beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11935 travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-12636169R-corner_pub-i
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Surprising Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife, Joanna, and I had set up camp at Greenbriar State Park after a drenching and dirty 35 mile ride earlier in the day along the Great Allegheny Passage. Our bike clothes were a mess and when we asked at the campground for a laundromat recommendation, they sent us into Hagerstown. i had spotted the Corner Pub as we parked and Joanna graciously let me go have a beer while she watched the clothes. When I walked in the door, I found an inviting atmosphere full of many locals, having a great time together. Impressed by the draft beer selection, I choose a Pilsner Urquell as you so rarely find in on draft. I perused the menu while finishing up the beer and after checking a couple of on-sites, decided it would be a good place to return to after we finished up the laundry.

We returned for dinner and a couple more beers later, including two very good high gravity IPA's, we finished off a delicious meal of a cheesesteak and a rueben. Both were very good sized, with excellent quality meat and the house made potato chips were killer. The friendly staff made us feel welcome and wanted. If I lived in the area I'd be a regular.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You have to try the broccoli cheese bites and fried pickles! Even had my SO bring me some when I was in the hospital (when the hospital was still located right up the street...)

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, md
“great irish bar....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

if you want a mixed drink, then go see Darryl, i have never seen anyone who can make a drink like he does, and dont forget the cheese and chip basket. my wife and i love to go there, because you never have to worry about any drunk idiots, he runs a excellent bar and grill, and doesnt put up with any nonsense....and has the most beers on tap of any bar ive seen..

Visited December 2011
Virginia
“Great neighborhood bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had great service and good beer suggestions from the friendly patrons. The beer selection on tap is impressive and many bottled beers. The sandwiches were fresh, well prepared, and huge.

Visited January 2012
Frederick, MD
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Very nice place - atmosphere, food, and barteneder.

• Visited November 2011