“Worth every dime!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Worth every dime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stopped in for a quick bite and they were offering a lunch buffet. I am still new to Indian cuisine so I was skeptical of how the food would taste. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious everything was.

Visited August 2013

82% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous little Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm usually not a big fan of Indian cuisine, but this was one of the best meals I have had out in a very long time. They let you choose how spicy you want your food. I can't take much heat and their preparation was perfect. Everything we ordered was delicious. Highly recommend trying this restaurant if you are in the Hagerstown, MD area. We will return!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Omg! Incredible! 3 of us shared the Vegetarian appetizer plate, samosas, naan bread basket, Shahi paneer korma, and chicken tikka masala. All were so fresh and perfectly seasoned. We will definitely come back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Near Washington, DC
“Authetic Indian cuisine freshly prepared.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having lived In the Indian sub-continent for five years, I feel well qualified to judge the cuisine of that part of the world. Sitar never disappoints -- the food is always freshly prepared and expertly served. The naan and other bread is among the best I have had outside of India. The staff will accommodate your taste for the degree of spiciness and meet special dietary needs when possible. The portions are generous and prices reasonable.

Visited July 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“average food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are avid foodies, especially Indian food. This restaurant is located in a busy strip mall area. The menu had a modest number of choices no clear regional specialties. It seemed as though the owner was 'dumbing down' Indian food to appeal to the masses. The papadums were burnt. I had lamb biryani, and my wife had a chicken dish. The food was o.k. (reasonably seasoned) and the portion sizes were reasonable for the price. The service was nearly nonexistent except for incessant refilling of our water glasses. We had to stand up and find a service person to request our check and then again to pay our bill. It was busy - but not with people of Indian heritage...As this is the only Indian restaurant in this area we will likely be back - but not often.

• Visited July 2013