“With a little more effort, could be a nicer place.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Wallingford, Connecticut
“With a little more effort, could be a nicer place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Several weeks ago I visited Sitar of India. Over the years, I have visited numerous restaurants serving Indian food. At every Indian restaurant that I have every visited in my area, complimentary foods are placed on the table before ones dinner arrives. Not at Sitar. If you want something, you must pay for it. Not even a scrap of bread, crackers with interesting authentic relishes was placed on the table. I ordered a glass of wine and took a sip. As I looked at the glass, I realized that it had remnants of some previous drinkers lipstick on the rim. Not very appetizing. I suggest that you always check your glasses before serving a drink to your valued customers. I will say that the owner gladly gave me a new glass of wine which I much appreciated. For my main dinner, I ordered the Seafood Masala. I must say that it was a bit bland for my taste. I was surprized that in the entire dish there were only 3 shrimp, 1 scallop, and a small piece of fish. I think that the amount of seafood in the dish was quite ridiculous. I will say that my waitress was pleasant as was the owner but I feel work needs to be done to make this more of a desired restaurant for the weary traveler.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wasn't impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love Indian food. Theirs was subpar. There was a lack of vegetables and the meat was overcooked. One member of my party needed bland non-spicy food and they were not able to accommodate. Plus,they only had spiced iced tea to drink.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious lunch buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Fine food, excellent service and great atmosphere. I wasn't sure what to expect from an Indian restaurant in a strip mall. Very good!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Leonard, Maryland
“Well prepared Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have visited this restaurant at least six times and am impressed by the consistent quality and dedicated service. The menu offers an impressive selection.

Visited March 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Travelled well over and hour to this restaurant and it was beyond worth it (from the Gettysburg, PA area; usually I frequent an Indian restaurant north of town). Service was a little slow at first to order, but it was understandable since there were a few tables being served right after we were seated. There were two of us and we split the Cheese Pakoras (cheese fried in spicy chickpea batter), which came with mango chutney, mint chutney and something pickled. Delicious. Absolutely delicious. For our main course we were going to order the Saag Paneer (mild spice) and Aloo Palak, but our waiter recommended the Shahi Pancer Korma (medium spice) in place of the latter, to have a different taste. His recommendation was spot on and both dishes were amazing. Our waters were refilled whenever they looked low, and the servers were pleasant and helpful.

Price was o.k., but the quality of the food more than made up for it. The best Indian restaurant I've ever been to. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013