“Great Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
La Plata, Maryland
“Great Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I travel to the area several times a year for work and I eat here every time I'm in town. I usually get take out because I am dirty and tired by the time I get here. They always pack the food well. nd offer everything I
Need to enjoy my meal at my hotel. The food is delicious and the portions generous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Very tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently had dinner at this restaurant for the second time. There were 4 of us and we each got something different and then sampled each other's dishes. Each dish was prepared with a different level of heat and everyone was happy with the results. The mild dish person wasn't burned out and the hot dish person was appropriately spiced. Even though we had a coupon, the bill wouldn't have been horrible without it. The service was attentive and not overbearing. I would recommend this restaurant for good Indian food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Tasty Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our car rental folks, conveniently located in the same strip plaza. The location is innocuous, but the food was DELICIOUS, not overly spicy and very reasonably priced. We arrived just before lunch opening, but they invited us in anyway. Another couple entered at the same time, locals who eat there every week. The array of flavors on the lunch buffet was unrivaled. There were plenty of options of vegetarian or meat dishes.

The place soon filled up with other diners who are obviously regulars as they greeted the owners by name.

Now I'm hungry for Indian food again....

• Visited July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Unexpected great Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We read the Trip Advisor reviews and, while driving west on I-70 decided to stop into the Sitar of India. Tucked into a small strip mall amongs two steak houses and a Pizza Hut, we thought, hmmm, will this be any good? It was.

My wife and I sampled several different menu offerings, including appetizers and entrees. They were all delicious. Moreover, Sitar of India allows you to choose your spiciness levels and they are accurate in the description. Very hot is indeed VERY hot (and for me, that's a good thing), while medium (which my wife ordered for her dish) was nicely spiced with a hint of heat, but not overwhelmingly so.

Service was gracious and accomodating. A basic beer list and decent wine choices round out the options. If the opportunity presents itself again, we will definitely come back.

• Visited August 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
“I can see why it's #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I cannot judge the food by past experience with Indian food, since I never ate it before. As you enter the restaurant you notice the aroma of fine Indian spices and notice the authentic tastefully decorated space around you. The staff were all exceptionally attentive, and explained to us about all of the chutneys and foods being served. The vegetarian appetizer plate was superb, along with the Nan, which we tried prepared 2 different ways. Our lamb entrees were generous sizes, and served with Basmati rice. The masala tea was very tasty. Our water glasses were constantly being refilled since the amount of "heat" In some of our entrees was a bit excessive. For eating Indian food for the first time, I was very content and left well satisfied after paying just $47.00 for 2 entrees, an appetizer, bread, and tea. I was not rushed through our meal, and think I will be returning for a second night now that I am a fan of Indian food.