“Good food, great service, can't wait to go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 203 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: Family friendly restaurant. Famous for our chilis: Texas, Terlingua, Cincinnati, and Vegetarian. The Texas grilled wings were voted best wings by WTOP listeners. Fresh 1/2 lb burgers with fresh cut fries. Steaks and slow cooked ribs too. Many salad selections. Something for everyone. Sports bar showing all the games all the time. Play billiards on any of the Brunswick billiard tables. Free billiards every day from 11am-5pm with minimum purchase. Live entertainment in the Cue every Friday and Saturday night. Large stage and viewing area.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good food, great service, can't wait to go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our group was 3 adults, one teen, one child. Kids' menu was very reasonably priced; there were plenty of options; soda refills were included. The older members of the party stuck with burgers, chicken sandwich, and a chili dog. Chili samples came to the table and the server provided a description of each, so the chili dog eater could decide what kind would best complement the dog. The Whiskey River Barbecue burger and chicken sandwich were perfectly cooked, incredibly flavorful, and just messy enough to be fun. The bacon cheeseburger more than satisfied the teen in our group. (The burgers were priced at $5.99 as a kind of happy-hour special, so bonus there for the price point.) Appetizer onion rings came with a "petal sauce" that was nicely spiced and added flavor to the crispy rings.
Our server was friendly, personable, and attentive to our needs. She made the meal even more enjoyable.
We'll definitely visit next time we're in town.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great date night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decide to go check out Zach Meyers of Shinedown. We arrived to a line of people out the door so I knew it would be a bit crowded. I was not familiar with the band but love live music. We found some seats at the bar and waited for the show to start. While at the bar my husband asked for a beer and I asked the bartender to surprise me! She gave me a captain on acid, needless to say I had more than one. She was very attentive. We placed an order for food and it was very good. We got the bacon and cheese fries and the fish tacos. There was constant movement with staff in and around the bar. I noticed managers making sure the bar had supplies and approached us to make sure we were ok and even made me a drink and gave my husband another beer.

The atmosphere was laid back until the bands came. Being a small venue the music was acoustic and there were three openers(silver tongue) was the one we enjoyed the most. The feature act was Zachary Myers the lead guitarist from Shinedown. He was amazing. He had an ease and charisma on stage that was electric.

Overall I had a fantastic time and will defiantly go back.

Visited December 2013
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Wow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Use to hang out here a lot but moved to Chambersburg 2 years ago and have not been in since then. Went there this past weekend for a big show they advertised as "Shinedown". It was only the lead singer and not the band so a bit of a disappointment but he did a good job when you could hear it. Very bad sound, Unless you where right in front it was barely audible. Friends that I was with complained because the prices were jacked up from there visit 2 weeks prior. I cannot verify that but prices were very high, especially for what you got. Service was abysmal if not non existent. you could tell that they were in no way prepared or use to big crowds. I do not know what happened here but I use to go see UFC fights here, the place was just as full and never had any issues.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Ok place to eat.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We went after finding a nearby restaurant had closed for business. Hard Times was almost empty so had a quiet dinner. Food was ok.......nothing to rave about. But am not knocking it either. I had Chili Bubba (corn bread, chili, onions, & sour cream) and I thought it was good. 4 different chili's to choose from. GF had salmon dinner and she was pleased with it. Good place if you like chili. Is mainly a burgers, chili, beer & pool place. Would have probably been better on a weekend night as I know Hard Times can get packed.

Visited December 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“Great people and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have visited this establishment a few times now and have been very satisfied every time! The staff are all very nice and quick to answer any questions! We really enjoy coming here! I have tried several different items and have liked each one!