“Great food but dated interior. ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Email: info@thehouseofkobe.com Phone: (301)797-6979
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great food but dated interior. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I ate here for last weekend and had a great time. The food was well done and the chef was very entertaining. We had a party of 7 and all enjoyed there meal. The prices were reasonable and the staff prompt and friendly. The only down side was that the room was dated but I would rather have that then poor food.

Chestertown, Maryland
“Among the best Hagerstown can offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

When I lived in nearby,I ate at Kobe every month. Now I always make a point of eating here every time I return. I feel like I raised my kids in this restaurant. I developed into a more adventuresome eater because of The House of Kobe- right after it opened. In order to get Hagertownians to know and love sushi, the Harai Family offered a platter to anyone not already a fan. That hooked me.
To this day, I have not been served a better Asian salad than their standard Japanaese salad with cabbage and rice noodles and a ginger dressing. The tonkatsu is crisp and juicy and perfect. Various teriaki offerings are great. Thehabachi table chefs are the usual comic, adept masters of flashing knives and flying shrimp. Give it a try, please.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Collossal portions, less than average quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This must be the most disappointing japanese restaurant we have ever dined. We have been dining japanese in Japan, HK, Australia, New Zealand, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and others but this one did not match at all.
Sushi and sashimi starter quite tasteless. Chefs behind sushi counter were watching tv !
Shrimp and vegetable tempura platter enough to feed an elephant. We left more than half to return to the kitchen. Very banal decor and atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Super Fresh Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff is great and the sushi is always extremely fresh. The hibachi table is fun too if you go with a group.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marcellus, New York
“Good sushi, cafeteria-style ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a quick bite during the lunch hour and were seated and served promptly. The sushi portions are generous for the price, and quite tasty. The staff were helpful, although not overly attentive (empty water glasses, a considerable wait for the check). Overall, I would recommend this for a quick meal, but it definitely isn't somewhere I would visit for a nice dinner out.

• Visited July 2013