“o.k.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 23 things to do in Hagerstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Conveniently located off Interstate 70, Hagerstown Premium Outlets is easily accessible from the DC area, Baltimore, Southern Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Find impressive savings at Adidas, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Coach, Gap Outlet, Izod, J.Crew, Jos A. Bank, Loft Outlet, Nike, The North Face, Polo Ralph Lauren, Talbots, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour and more. Local Shop & Stay packages are available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Gallitzin, Pennsylvania
“o.k.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Found most prices were the same or more than are regular store. Some shops closed look like they are expanding.

Visited August 2012

ga
“Am I on Candid Camera?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Seriously, I started to wonder if I was being filmed to see how I would react to such poor customer service--and it was across the board in every shop I visited. Wow. At least they have a pretty good selection of stores.

Virginia
37 attraction reviews
“nice outlet mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family visited here over the Memorial Day weekend. We arrived just as the mall was opening and got a nice, shaded parking space. The lot filled up quickly. We found some good buys at several stores. There were so many stores that we did not visit all of them. Although I found the facades to look a bit dated, the landscaping was lovely and well maintained. We ate lunch at Gandolfo's Deli in the food court. The wraps were tasty and the serving size was large, in my opinion. We went back to the food court at the end of our visit and got a couple of frozen lemonades at Aunt Anne's. This proved to be an enjoyable treat as we drove.

Visited May 2012
maryland
29 attraction reviews
“Went from Prime to Premium - in pricing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I live nearby so I visit fairly regularly. Many of my favorite shops have gone away thanks to the morons at the top who raised the rent beyond reasonable, forcing good ones to go away. LL Bean....gone...among my favorites. Most of the other stores have no better pricing than what you would find at a mall or other department store...in fact some have higher pricing (try the UnderArmor store for example). Stores like Timberland and Bass have extra high prices on average to poor quality clothing, then offer 80% off, making it still higher than what you should pay. Example...at Timberland, a poorly made polo was $135 and at 80% off was still more than a quality item you could get with a "guaranteed period" from Cabela's, LL Bean or Lands' End online and without the hassles of finding a place to park and walk to them.

The kitchen stores are also examples of non-deal type stores. Most everything in there is far more expensive than you would find anywhere else. A bottle of Tabasco that sells for $2.89 at any other grocer was $4.89. A bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce was $12 compared to $6 or less nearly anywhere else. Coach and Gap outlets (among others) have merchnadise that is specific to the outlets that you would NEVER find in the regular retail stores. Gap Outlet quality is so poor I would never shop there. The new store Crazy 8's....same pricing as at the mall in Gaithersburg. The only real outlet type stores with deals are Eddie Bauer and J Crew, but then that doesn't make them worth shopping at, since going online you'll find more sizing and availability of the sales items. There are many vacant stores that used to be good places to go (Coleman is gone). What's with this type of shopping experience? It's not discounted, it's just brand names in a store and sometimes a clearance section that has some deals here and there. Same stores as most other outlets, nothing special...and actually less appealing than many other outlets I've been to. I've cut down the times I go there to only when I'm looking for something specific from a specific retailer since I like the Hagerstown Mall (Vallley Mall) even less.

The only positive thing I can say is that their outdoor advertising over speakers is in multiple languages. If you are expecting good deals, don't look for them here.

Visited April 2012
“Enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This outlet is excellent for a day trip. There are lot's of good stores with reasonable prices. Wear comfortable shoes and carry bottled water, and some prewashed fresh, or dried fruit. The deals are there if you take your time and search.
ProfBEEVANS