“Great Pulled Pork BBQ!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue, Vegetarian, Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Hempen Hill BBQ has come to be known for it's diverse, yet simple, menu. We offer the Best Pit BBQ in the area and often fuse it with a culinary twist for some real unique dishes. We invite you to come in and eat with us TODAY!
Maryland
“Great Pulled Pork BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of the best sandwiches in the tri-state area. They also have a large craft beer selection on tap.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Service and food surprisingly bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After bad service on a busy weekend we tried HH again on a quiet weeknight. It took an hour to get our food, the order was wrong, drinks took 20-30 minutes to appear. Food was uniformly mediocre to bad. For instance, "burnt ends" is supposed to be chewy ends of brisket. Instead i got spongy center pieces in a sauce so salty I couldn't eat it. Server made a rare appearance and asked how it tasted since it was barely touched. I said too salty and she just walked away. We returned because the beer is good but have rarely had worse service anywhere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Crisfield, Maryland, United States
“Great BBQ & prompt courteous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had the Texas Brisket with Sweet Potato Fries and it was awesome! Service was fantastic. The setting is very casual and a bit crowded and loud but that should be expected for this type of restaurant. I will be dining here again the next time I visit Hagerstown.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointed. Could have been my selection.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling through the area and was looking for a restaurant so I consult a TripAdvisor as always. This place got such a high reading that I just had to try it. I was very disappointed. I ordered the "beef pit" sandwich (or something like that. I understand that you cannot over cook roast beef, but what I was served resembled sliced road kill. It was extremely raw, but worse, it had pieces of gristle and hard fat and was very difficult to chew. It must have had a complete ladle of au jus dumped on it, because the roll that it was served on was a soggy mess. I wish that I had ordered a burger or something cooked... Very disappointed

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Very good BBQ and Bar fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wait staff not overly attentive but lunch was good. Try the Chorizo burger if you want to spice up your typical lunch burger.

Visited August 2013