“Good food when on a trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have a large variety of seafood, steak, pasta and salads and can accommodate most special requests and diets. Recently Voted Best Seafood 2014 by Herald Mail Readers and The Martinsburg Journal. 2014 Hot List Winner - Best Crab Cake, Best Steak, Outstanding Service, and Family Friendly!
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food when on a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were in Hagerstown as a stop on a trip. The reviews of Shulas barely told the story of the great food and service. This is a Hagerstown gem. Be sure to make a reservation! We didn't and stood in a crowded space for quite some time.

Visited May 2014

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife loves crabcakes and I love about any seafood so we gave Schulas a try. We were very satisfied with the qualityof the food. My wife loves Ocean City crabcakes, but she said Schulas were just as good, and large. 8 oz. My seafood platter had flounder, fried oysters, and JUMBO fried shrimp which where all cooked correctly. Our waitress was very professional and polite. She constantly checked to see if we needed anything.
The place is a little hard to find. It is on the back side off a small stip of shops. It was worth the effort to find it.
Prices for this quality food was reasonable, but not extravegent. If you have an appetizer and a couple drinks your check can add up quickly

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here while traveling through the area. They apparently do take reservations, so you may want to consider making one on a weekend night as there was a little wait. The location seemed quite new and our waitress was very attentive and cheerful. The fresh bread was delicious as were our entrees. My husband had the crab cake and I had peel and eat shrimp. The fried mozzarella appetizer was quite different though. It almost appeared to be fried mozzarella cheese sandwiches.

Visited May 2014
Maryland
“A little pricey but food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend loves it here but I personally would not have this on my list as a first or second choice. It is a little too pricey for me but he pays so it is not that much of an issue. I do like the food and the service is usually really good. One downside for me is that they do NOT have sweet tea but on the upside... they serve "CALAMARI"!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Looking for a great seafood spot and finally scored!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been looking for a seafood restaurant in this area for quite some time. I finally found it: in Hagerstown, MD. Schula's is family owned and serves fresh seafood in casual, comfortable surroundings. The service was excellent, the food fresh and perfectly done. I had crab stuffed tilapia, one of my favorite meals. If you are looking for good seafood and friendly folks, I surely recommend them.
The only drawback is the road construction and the small sign out front, but keep looking as this place is worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere