“So glad we visited” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have a large variety of seafood, steak, pasta and salads and can accommodate most special requests and diets. Recently Voted Best Seafood 2014 by Herald Mail Readers and The Martinsburg Journal. 2014 Hot List Winner - Best Crab Cake, Best Steak, Outstanding Service, and Family Friendly!
Hickory, North Carolina
“So glad we visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Passing through town and found the Schulas Grill and Crab. Mesculin salad perfect with portabella mushrooms. Manhattan clam chowder just like NY. Fried seafood platter had the lighted breading we have experienced. Oysters, flounder and shrimp were fresh and juicy. We are in love and will take a side trip here the next time we travel nearby. Waiter was attentive, well versed in menu and personable.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hazlet, New Jersey
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I read all the great reviews about Schulas and knew I had to give it a try. I was in town on business and stopped for dinner with my wife and a friend on Saturday night. The restaurant was very busy, with a full bar and dining area. We were greeted nicely at door and told we would have to wait about 15 minutes. We decided to go to the bar and have a drink till our table was ready. Service at the bar was very prompt and within 15 minutes our table was ready. My wife and I always enjoy trying new things so we ordered a couple appetizers to start. We had the fried oysters and the fried calamari. Both dishes were cooked perfectly. Freshest fish I ever tasted, lightly breaded and tender as I have ever tried. I would rate the appetizers a 5 out of 5. For dinner my friend ordered the filet mignon medium rare, my wife ordered the linguini and white clam sauce and I ordered the rockfish special. My buddy cut open this beautiful filet to find an absolutely perfectly cooked filet mignon. Not only was it cooked perfectly but it tasted excellent too. Being seafood eaters you can tell a lot about the restaurant by eating linguini and clams. You could tell they were shucked to order. The sauce was mouth watering and the clams were juicy. Excellent dish. My wife dunked her bread until the bowl was dry. Delicious. The Rockfish. What a great experience. It was about a 6-8 oz filet rolled up and stuffed with their signature crab cake. What a great idea. This dish was the best stuffed anything I have ever eaten. This restaurant is an absolute gem. After dinner we were nicely greeted by the owner of the restaurant Frances. What a sweet lady. The experience is what I had hoped. Excellent food, great service, a real mom and pop type place that I've always enjoyed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland
“Great service and seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading the good reviews, we stopped in and we were very pleased with the service. Our waitress was friendly and very informative of the menu. I ordered the Red Fish Special because of her description and recommendation and I was not disappointed. My husband had the fried shrimp which was lightly breaded large shrimp, obviously not previously frozen. We enjoyed the entire experience and would definitely eat here again.

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

You have to try this place! Had dinner with family and we all had a great meal. Crab cakes were awesome with big lumps of crab and hardly any filler, fresh crisp vegetables as a side and sautéed mushrooms. Smothered Ribeye is mouth watering. Also the staff was very knowledgable and helpful. A family member cannot eat seafood and the menu offers many other choices and the server allowed us to make substitutions, which was great. We definitely be back!!

Visited October 2013
Berlin, Maryland
“Always welcoming and good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We always go to Schulas when we are in town. The food is always good and fresh. Love trying different foods and their specials. The employes are always friendly. The crab cakes are delicious along with the steaks. I've also been there for lunch and their lunch specials are very good.

• Visited October 2013