“Simple Eats” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Simple Eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have been here a number of times. the food is good, for the most part service is good. the server made an effort to accommodate our special seating needs. the crab cake was large and good, beef tips ok, not a large portion if that's what your looking for.
we would go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Morton, Pennsylvania
“Good food, good service, and convenient to our hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

A large group of us landed in Barefoot Bernie's without reservations, so we had a bit of a wait. The staff did everything they could to accommodate us as best they could. Our food was delicious and very reasonable, and our server was outstanding -- all things considered. After a nacho appetizer, I enjoyed a crab-cake wrap. When I visit Maryland it's almost an automatic that I have some kind of crab, and this was a positive reinforcement for that paradigm!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hartford, New York, United States
“Awesome Food and Time at Barefoot Bernie's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were staying overnight one night in Hagerstown on our way back from the Outer Banks. We stayed overnight there because we wanted to go to Hershey for a few hours the next day. We decided to catch a movie but needed to grab a bite to eat and we ended up at Barefoot Bernie's which was right across the street from our hotel. Boy were we ever glad we walked through those doors! We had three kids under 14 plus my two in-laws and everyone enjoyed it. The waiter was awesome and engaging - my wife and I decided to get an appetizer to share - the crab fries with the cheese......unbelievable!!! Then we wanted to share a wedge salad and the crab mac and cheese. Wow, both dishes were unbelievable and huge! We could not finish either one! We also had some nice drinks - including me having a local beer that had a hint of blueberry - just amazing. If you ever find yourself in Hagerstown and are looking for a fun atmosphere and some good food - check out Barefoot Bernie's!

Oh a couple of other things on the waiter - a very cool guy! One of the things that make me remember a waiter and how great they were was that our glasses were never empty - and we never had to ask. And I am talking about the normal drinks like sodas, water, etc. My seven year old daughter wanted orange juice, and they gave her fresh squeezed juice......and then refilled it.......and this was a huge glass! And he didn't even charge me for it! Last thing, when I was reaching over for some of our delicious crab fries, one of them dropped in my wife's beer! DOH! No problem - out a new beer came! Just a great time and a great waiter.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Good Times and Food at Barefoot Bernie's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very good place to meet up with friends. You can sit near the bar and they also have a bigger area that is good for families. The menu is varied from sandwiches and wraps to dinners with pasta, seafood and steak.I personally enjoy the seafood wraps and their crab dip. Service has always been good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hall, Maryland, US
“So so restaurant... Good menu, bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We went with our 91 year old grandmother and two year old son to celebrate Memorial Day and the start of summer. The decor is cheesier than I remember from the past. If you're desperate for a slice of the beach in central MD this isn't too bad, but the food isn't great. My husband's meal came out wrong and them came out cold. The rolls for the sandwiches were stale. I'd label it very average pub fare, if not below average.
The service was good and our two year old liked the pirate mannequins.