“Paint Night at Bulls and Bears” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 198 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
“Paint Night at Bulls and Bears”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We thought it would be fun to do a Paint Night event and decided, rather than doing one in our area, to make it a day trip and go somewhere we'd never been, We spent the day in Hagerstown and went to Bulls and Bears for dinner. The bar is upscale in appearance and the outdoor seating is nice too. My husband had the chicken chesapeake and I had the fish and chips. The fish and chips were ok. Would have been great if the batter had been fully cooked. DH said his dinner was tasty. The highlight of the evening was the paint night event. We had a lot of fun and walked out with a finished painting,

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Enjoyed dinner here with a group of 12 people. The atmosphere is really nice. The root beer is really good! Had the crab dip. It is not lump crab, but rather flaked. It was good. For dinner, I had the caribbean jerk tilapia. The fish was good, but the jerk spice was very spicy. Hubby had the chicken Baltimore, and he said it was good. My salad with the mango pistachio honey lime dressing was awesome. This dressing has to be the best that I have ever ate! The .lettuce wrap appetizers are also good. The service was okay, but I think our waitress had some attitude which was uncalled for. I would like to return again, just to eat the French onion soup and the salad! The price is also a little high for the quality do food.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

On a recent trip to hagerstown we decided to try this local establishment. I had the chicken breat baltimore and my father had the crab crakes. My father was delighted at the fact that his crab cakes were all crab with little filler. My chicken was very moist and delicious also. Our waitress though really made the experience for us. While I can not remember her name it was a pleasure because she joked around with us and made us for comfortable. I will be coming back again the next time we are in hagerstown.

• Visited May 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Downtown restaurant and bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Nice downtown restaurant. Has a nice laid-back, but upscale feel to it. Food is always delicious! and the Maryland Theater is right across the street so makes for a nice pre-show dinner or even Sunday brunch!

• Visited September 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best meat loaf ever! Menu is fairly inclusive with a lot of good choices. Great, fun atmosphere in old restored historic building.

• Visited December 2013