“Still above standard” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still above standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited a year ago and had a great time. We visited again this weekend and were pleased to once again enjoy fine service and above average food. This appears to be a special occasion restaurant for Hagerstown. There was a wedding reception and a group for homecoming at the restaurant Saturday night. However, our waitress was extraordinary in being able to deal with our party (14) and another party of (16).

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place amazes me everytime we visit. With an already diverse menu, they provide different and delicious specials! The outdoor patio is the best way to enjoy the great beer selection and the always great food!!

• Visited October 2013
“Perfect birthday gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday my husband take me to eat at Chicago uno not a good experience. But today we decided to go to Bulls & Bears to celebrate my birthday in a good way not like yesterday the Margaritas was awesome the food to die for the dessert the best cheesecake ever had a wonderful time and the staff really attentive the best service I had so far sense we move from CT a year ago. Ufff I'm planning to go back at least ones a week. The best so far.

• Visited September 2013
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Dishwasher Pickles and Gastric Troubles”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have eaten at Bulls and Bears in the past, and the food was good. The past few times, however, the service has really gone downhill. The staff is inattentive, and I am pretty sure my pickle went through the dishwasher. If that isn't disgusting enough, my friend had a rotten chicken sandwich. Vegetarians aren't even safe! My black bean burger had serious repercussions, as I was severely ill that evening. I am very disappointed, because I like to support local business, but I don't think I will ever eat anything from here again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I eat here several times a month. The food, service, and overall atmosphere of the restaurant is unbeatable for the area. I highly encourage those who haven't tried the Bulls and Bears to do so, you will not be disappointed!! The staff is always friendly and management seems to have this place heading in the right direction. A MUST visit restaurant in my opinion!!

• Visited August 2013