“Great gyros from a drive-in...COOL!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 200 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Greek
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great gyros from a drive-in...COOL!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It took me a while to find the place, but it was well worth it. The gyros were made to order...amazing to get such a wonderful meal from a drive-in!

Visited August 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best of everything, Family owned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

i have absolutely never had a bad meal at this place. The food is DE-LISH (delicious). Whether it's a Greek specialty--spanikopita, Greek salad--or American fare--crab cake, angus burger, bbq pulled beef sandwich--or one of their originals--wild Alaskan salmon club, you won't go wrong. And economical to boot. Family of 5, less than $40. Don't let the appearance deter you. Double drive-thru w/outdoor seating, which is limited, but it's worth just sitting in the car or taking it home (or to hotel room). One last comment, unless you like boardwalk fries--i do not--go w/the chips that come standard. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I get food regularly from Alekos: it is excellent and easy to get. I typically call ahead and my food is hot and ready to go when I arrive. My favorites are souvlaki and the souvlaki platter (the platter will feed two people), but I have enjoyed everything that I have tried there. Although I haven't tried the American foods on the menu (except for the amazing haddock sandwich), I can vouch for the Greek foods: fantastic, filling, and worth every penny. Many of my friends and co-workers get food there now, too, and we keep recommending it to everyone we know

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Very unprofessional nasty owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The sandwiches ARE good, but mine did not have Provolone cheese which they advertised-also they gave me the wrong sandwich at first- when I called to let the owner know this-(at first I was actually hung up on and I was not being rude in any way!!) as I have at many other drive ups and was treated fairly and courtely, not ONLY did the owner deny that that could have happened (he is the cook and he is infalliable!) he made a very smart remark to me - something to the effect of (after constant denil, pretending not to undertand and arguing) -"Well come on by and I'll give you 4 slices of Provolone Cheese- would that satisfy you??"
Regardless of the qualtity of the food (and it is good) , if they make a mistake and press your point they will not recompense you and look out for bad tempers! They will never get my buisness again again , irregardless of the food quality becauase they do not know how to handle a situation such as this (putting it midly!) and are very RUDE to their customers in a situation like this!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Smithsburg, Maryland, United States
“Love a good gyro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

They make an excellent Gyro. Can't really speak to the rest of the menu, since I'm in a rut with the Gyro!

Visited October 2011