“One very satisfying supper.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 200 Restaurants in Hagerstown
East Syracuse, New York
“One very satisfying supper.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was promptly seated in a booth, time being shortly before 6:00. My order was grilled fresh Rainbow Trout, with a cinnamon favored sweet potato, Trout very tasty & filling, with the sweet potato being very soft to the taste, no firmness at all. The cinnamon added much to the taste. The large toss salad served before the trout/potato was filling, where I could eat only half the main course.

For dessert ordered a Chocolate Stampede, a six favored cake, with two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. Also very good. The cake was is enough for two people. Again I needed another box for a future meal.

I recommend both.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Visited July 2013

85% Recommend
Maryland
“A little better than average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I suppose that I may have a higher expectations than most people when going to a steakhouse, however I cannot discount improperly prepared food on two out of two trips to the same restaurant.
To start with the positives, our waitress was attentive and did not take long to bring out drinks, and returned to the table often to see if we needed refills, or were ready to place our orders. The appetizer of Wild West Shrimp were good, were plentiful for two people, and were presented well. I would order them again based on having them this one time.
The negatives are in the preparation of the steaks. On two separate occasions, I've ordered a steak cooked to medium, which means "warm red center, perhaps a little blood on the plate." On both occasions, my steaks were grossly under cooked, to the point one may consider the steak rare. With my latest experience I ordered the 9oz filet, again cooked to medium, but was presented with a steak which was barely warm in the center and purple in color. hmm. While cutting the meat in the center of the steak ( at its thickest point ) and laying it wide open, it was evident the steak was well under cooked. So, goes the process of sending a steak back to the kitchen in hopes they will get it right on the second try.
A few minutes later I received the same steak, which I was "ok" with, but in my opinion I should have been presented with a new steak, and here's why. Any time a steak is either cut into, and/or re-heated, a steak will have the tendency to lose a lot of it's natural juices and tenderness. And this is exactly what I experienced with the filet, albeit being cooked to a satisfactory medium-well upon returning to my table.
My recommendation after having two steaks being undercooked, then returned to me being overcooked, is to not set your expectations too high when dining at this restaurant. If you're ok with a steak being cooked rare or well done ( the two easiest ) then you should be satisfied. If you want a really good steak, cooked to perfection try the tasting room in Frederick Md.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Renton, WA
“Didn't know it was a chain, but hey---”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were visiting family in MD and wanted to check out the Prime Outlets in Hagerstown. We were pleased to see this restaurant adjacent to the Mall. It was only much later that we became aware that it was part of the Olive Garden, Red Lobster family which we are familiar with on the west coast. My husband had the Sirloin Pepper Melt with fries which he liked very much. I ordered the Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad, it was huge and tasted great. Hot bread came to the table immediately. Our server was so completely on top on things that he brought my husband a refill on his tea before we even asked. The restaurant is decorated nicely and it is always pleasant to have cloth napkins instead of the expected paper. If we ever have the opportunity to visit a LongHorn Steakhouse in the future, we will certainly do it.

• Visited May 2013
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Good good, nice place to stop right after shopping at the outlets. I will be back to try more on the menu!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Ashby, West Virginia
“A well crafted meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This steakhouse is one of the favorites in this area. The food is fresh and well prepared. There is a variety of beverages for your enjoyment. We stopped for a late lunch on a weekday and were seated right away. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't wait long for our meals to be served either.

• Visited February 2013