I was driving home from Berlin, MD with an appointment in Annapolis the following day, so I decided to spend last night at the HIX on Kent Island. I had driven by this property COUNTLESS times on the way back from the beach. I almost always stop at Harris Crab House, one of the best of several seafood restaurants nearby.
I was suprised to find a lovely outdoor area with a terrific bay view and perfect breezes. The hotel has a small pool. I'm a rehab nurse and I was in accessiblity heaven when I saw that the pool was eqipped with a lift chair so that those with limited mobility can use the pool!
There is some quirkiness: the hotel computer ( business center) is just sitting in a hallway outside of a guestroom; when you exit the first floor side door, ther is no card reader to get back in. Other than that, standard HIX fare for breakfast, awesome bed (better than mine at home), easy off the highway ( if you're going west. I agree that the room looked water damaged and hastily repaired, but hey - the property is sitting out there pretty unprotected from storms - remember Sandy?
I had a handicapped accessible room. I posted a picture of the BR. Roll in shower, very roomy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Direct waterfront hotel on the Chesapeake Bay. Hot breakfast included with your stay, everyday. Observation Deck and Pier to get close to the Bay. Walking distance to all the restaurants and nightlife The Narrows offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kent Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kent Island Hotel Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Express Grasonville
- Grasonville Holiday Inn