“SUPERB!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pewaukee
“SUPERB!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Probably best meal I had while in the Grasonville area. Had the cioppino which was hands down the BEST I've ever had!!! Shrimp, clams, mussels, lobster tail on top of a nice bed of capellini pasta, very light broth of white wine and tomato, Only suggestion I'd make (and I should have done it at the time) would be that they use smaller clams in the dish. One I had was a MONSTER and too big to chew, cherrystones would probably be a better one to use.

Would definitely go back and would DEFINITELY recommend this location to anyone in the area.

• Visited December 2012

Alexandria, VA
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stopped here because of good reviews. Sat in the porch area, for the view, which thankfully is kept warm. I had fried oysters. Seemed expensive to me, but delicious. Companion had pecan crusted catfish, which he said was good. I would have had crab cake & maybe should have, but the waitress explained all lump crab is from Louisiana. Only whole crabs can be local. I was too lazy to shell my own. We got a bit of history & current events re the crab industry & will keep sending contributions to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. The oysters were local.
Our waitress also reminded me that I wanted coffee (which showed I needed it). Coffee was good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grasonville, Maryland
“Review is long overdue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been to all the restaurants in Grasonville and in my opinion The Narrows is on top. It edges out our number 2 just slightly mostly over atmosphere. Here you will a very good MD crab cake chocked full of jumbo lump, not like the binder laden facsimiles found close by. If you go do yourself a favor and try a cup of their cream of crab soup. Thick loaded with lump meat and a small decanter of sherry to add if you choose to. The Narrows is not cheap but is it worth it. They also have a light menu and we like the beef tips off of it. Don’t forget they also have a wonderful bar side happy hour with some great specials. Try the mushroom flat bread, mussels and baked brie all for about $6 each.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ohio
“Good food but sour host but a damper on the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

DH and I made reservations for dinner at 6:00 on a week night so we could be seated to watch the sunset; we arrived a bit early and when we went in, we explained that we had reservations but wanted to stop and have a drink at the bar. The host was an older man; he never greeted us; he never smiled. (In fact, he was around the dining room all evening and never once did we see him smile or act pleasant in any way). Anyway, about 6:15, we returned to the host station; the same gentleman was there and we gave our name and as we headed into the dining area, both husband and I indicated we'd like one of the tables by the window in a porch type area; I'm not sure how many tables (some had seating for 2, others for 4) would say there were at least 10/12 tables. Only three were filled, and the host said "none are available at this time". We were seated off to the side; we had a view but not nearly as nice as we'd like to have. We enjoyed our meal - and like others have posted - the crab cakes and cream of crab soup were outstanding. While we dined, we noted that the tables in the porch area never filled. And when we left, my husband commented to the host about why - when the tables didn't fill up - we couldn't be seat there. His comment was "you did not request the porch area". He then turned his back to us.
I'm sad to say that solely because of this man's demeanor - this lack of customer service, we will never return to this restaurant. There are many other wonderful places that serve excellent food in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excelent Maryland Cream of Crab Soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great atmosphere over looking the water. Nice lunch menu and one of the best if not the best Cream of Crab soups in Maryland. Wait staff excellent.

• Visited September 2012